Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just wanted to know if anyone studying at BCU could tell me what it's like studying there? As I may not be able to attend the open day. Also about the student life at BCU? Also does it's ranking give it any justice? Thanks 🙂
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Hr123)
    Hi, I just wanted to know if anyone studying at BCU could tell me what it's like studying there? As I may not be able to attend the open day. Also about the student life at BCU? Also does it's ranking give it any justice? Thanks 🙂
    Hi there,

I graduated from BCU a couple of years ago and had a great experience so will try my best to answer any questions you have about studying here!

I didn't attend an Open Day before coming to study here either, but if you can make the one this Saturday (8th Oct) or in November then it is worth attending to get a feel for yourself and also so you can get excited about starting! If not you can always arrange an ad-hoc visit on another day by calling the course enquiries team on 0121 331 5595. But like I said, I decided to study here without making it to an Open Day and it was a great decision.

I found that tutors were really great - they're super helpful and friendly and it was great to have access to so many amazing facilities. The campus is also great and we've had a lot of development in the past couple of years so is now even better! The City Centre campus is really busy in term time and has a good vibe, we have our own built in pub for an SU and there's a student hub in the Curzon building where you'll find everything you need.

There's so much to do in Birmingham so general student life is good. There's loads of club nights or places to go for drinks, vintage fairs and so many cool places to eat. Would you be moving from home to live in Birmingham? It's a great city - I moved here for uni and have stayed ever since!

What course would you be wanting to study?

If you have any more specific questions just drop a line.

All the best,
    Lydia
    BCU

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.