Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I really miss her but want to move on Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it agonising and frustrating. I was dating a girl in March this year. We went a few really good dates and got very close very quickly. Both physically and emotionally. But then she said she didn't want to see me anymore , because she thought I would get too attached and she would drag me down. I was devastated. I miss her so much but I want to move on. It was 6 months ago so what's wrong with me? She has a boyfriend now so I know that she's obviously moved on. Whycant I? I can't watch movies that we watched together or listen to music we both like because it brings back painful memories. Its really frustrating. I've been on a few dates since then but I keep feeling like she is the one. I believed she was. How can I move on?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by o-glez)
    I'm finding it agonising and frustrating. I was dating a girl in March this year. We went a few really good dates and got very close very quickly. Both physically and emotionally. But then she said she didn't want to see me anymore , because she thought I would get too attached and she would drag me down. I was devastated. I miss her so much but I want to move on. It was 6 months ago so what's wrong with me? She has a boyfriend now so I know that she's obviously moved on. Whycant I? I can't watch movies that we watched together or listen to music we both like because it brings back painful memories. Its really frustrating. I've been on a few dates since then but I keep feeling like she is the one. I believed she was. How can I move on?
    Sadly, it won't be an immediate process. If you haven't done so already, block her on any social media sites and try to avoid her. Do things that you enjoy - take time to yourself. You will move on eventually. There is nothing wrong with you, it is a difficult position to be in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Sadly, it won't be an immediate process. If you haven't done so already, block her on any social media sites and try to avoid her. Do things that you enjoy - take time to yourself. You will move on eventually. There is nothing wrong with you, it is a difficult position to be in.
    l deleted her number and blocked her straight away. I even got rid of my Facebook and smartphone for a while to try and get over her. It only worked short term. I've took up new hobbies s recently including going the gym more
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

l deleted her number and blocked her straight away. I even got rid of my Facebook and smartphone for a while to try and get over her. It only worked short term. I've took up new hobbies s recently including going the gym more
    Well, it looks like you're doing the right things. It will end up working eventually. Sadly, as frustrating as it is, time really is the best healer in these situations. See if you can spend time with other friends too - that can be very helpful.*

Just hang in there.*

ReputationRep:
    You've done all the right things. Just force yourself not to think of her. When you find your mind wondering back to her stop and consciously make yourself stop!!! There is no magic, easy fix here. Time will eventually make it not so painful and slowly your heart will move on but there are no timetables. Don't force yourself to 'like' another girl. Just live your life, as you have been and eventually someone will come along that catches your interest and it will most likely happen when your not expecting it to. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I had a similar experience (feel free to message me privately if you'd like) but only time will get you over it. Don't worry, it's okay to still be upset but don't let it get in the way of meeting new, amazing people.

ReputationRep:
    Don't try to get her back. She doesn't sound like she is good news.

You think she's "the one" because you've been pulled into an incredibly emotional and manipulative relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexFam)
    Don't try to get her back. She doesn't sound like she is good news.

You think she's "the one" because you've been pulled into an incredibly emotional and manipulative relationship.
    You're right. She was bad news really. Why the hell did I love her though? I was in love with her, even though it was so short

ReputationRep:
    You're right. She was bad news really. Why the hell did I love her though? I was in love with her, even though it was so short
    When's her mum's birthday?

You loved her because she wanted you to.

ReputationRep:
    Time and space.

Frustrating, but it's true. Be patient with yourself and eventually you will become numb to the pain. It's a long process, but you'll come out on top. Keep going out on dates and work on yourself in the mean time, and don't put yourself under pressure.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.