How do I prove I own it?!? Watch

LPauling
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have been asked to supply proof of ownership of my car to apply for a parking permit from the county council.

They want my vehicle registration document as proof of ownership but I have no idea what this is/?

The only thing I can find is my V5C which says in giant capital letters on the front that this is not proof of ownership?

So how do I prove I own it??

ps they said they would take receipts or invoice of sale only if car was purchased in the last 3 months and that doesn't apply to me
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It may say that on the front, but most people will take it as proof of ownership. As back-up you can also give them a copy of your insurance certificate, which again isn't proof of ownership but whoever is dealing with your application is likely to put the two together and use a bit of common sense - you have the V5C with your name, you're insured on the car, you've proven your identity... they can't ask for much more, really.
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your logbook is the vehicle registration document. Use that.
GUMI
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Pee on it to show dominance
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
It may say that on the front, but most people will take it as proof of ownership. As back-up you can also give them a copy of your insurance certificate, which again isn't proof of ownership but whoever is dealing with your application is likely to put the two together and use a bit of common sense - you have the V5C with your name, you're insured on the car, you've proven your identity... they can't ask for much more, really.
I agree.
You can always take your sales invoice as well. They have everything they could ever ask for then.
Treeroy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I work for a council, generally when we ask for proof of ownership we need to see the V5 document or if it's a newly purchased car, the small green slip with a receipt/proof of purchase attached.

Ignore what the V5 says, it is proof of ownership.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1204)
79.58%
Leave (309)
20.42%

Watched Threads