Chickpeas or Kidney Beans? Watch

bluemadhatter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Which one should I make? I made chickpeas yesterday and they came out really but I don't have bread and I don't think they'll taste nice with rice or they might tbh. I could make kidney beans but I'll have to wash the rice cooker although I have to do that anyway hmm okay maybe I'll make kidney beans for a variation in cooking then make chickpeas tomro.

It sucks being poor and vegetarian :cry2:
retro_turtles
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if you already decided kidney beans why the thread?
bulgylau
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
Ok? What kind of cuisine are we talking? Or are you just eating plain chickpeas or kidney beans
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bluemadhatter)
Which one should I make? I made chickpeas yesterday and they came out really but I don't have bread and I don't think they'll taste nice with rice or they might tbh. I could make kidney beans but I'll have to wash the rice cooker although I have to do that anyway hmm okay maybe I'll make kidney beans for a variation in cooking then make chickpeas tomro.

It sucks being poor and vegetarian :cry2:
how did I know this was you! It's why I said :hello: in the other thread just now. Because I saw your response while I saw this thread title lol and it reminded me of your hungry thread

Anyway kidney beanssss
KnowledgeIsBest
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
kidney beans
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
(Original post by retro_turtles)
if you already decided kidney beans why the thread?
It took me writing that thread to decide what I wanted

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
Ok? What kind of cuisine are we talking? Or are you just eating plain chickpeas or kidney beans
Erm onions, tomatoes, chilli, coriander, other spices
I want to add mushrooms as well but Idk how that will taste so I'll just fry them on the side
(Original post by 0to100)
how did I know this was you! It's why I said :hello: in the other thread just now. Because I saw your response while I saw this thread title lol and it reminded me of your hungry thread Anyway kidney beanssss

Oh that's why... I was kinda confused xD

Yeah I'm always thinking about food :sad:
Ishax
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have a look at Indian food, they have a lot of vegetarian dishes and the ingredients are very cheap to buy.

EDIT: my Mum and brother are vegetarians.
retro_turtles
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
oh right fair enough, how is being a vegetarian treating you?
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Erm onions, tomatoes, chilli, coriander, other spices
I want to add mushrooms as well but Idk how that will taste so I'll just fry them on the side

Oh that's why... I was kinda confused xD

Yeah I'm always thinking about food :sad:
Lol You were confused that I was nice? :\
And I gotcha, I'm always thinking about food...and sex...and money...but mostly food..and sex....and money lol
···
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Used to have some chickpeas with rice but they are very plain compared to kidney beans.
I'd go with kidney beans.
tamil fever
Badges: 17
Report 2 years ago
kb
TeenRose29
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Chickpeas for life.
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ishax)
Have a look at Indian food, they have a lot of vegetarian dishes and the ingredients are very cheap to buy.

EDIT: my Mum and brother are vegetarians.
I've realised and it tastes good! Whenever I want to eat out and go to a place that's vegetarian I'll pick an Indian restaurant and that's why I started making chickpeas because I was attempting to imitate the "Chana" dish :lol:

(Original post by retro_turtles)
oh right fair enough, how is being a vegetarian treating you?
I've been going for about 3 weeks now and I do not regret my decision. Apart from having limited choices sometimes (Can't just pop to Mcdonalds for a chicken wrap), I do love it because it has encouraged me to cook WAY more and I feel like I'm eating MUCH healthier. I don't really have a core reason to why I became a vegetarian except a dream I had that made me feel sick at the sight of meat but that effect has worn off (realised this when I watched a video and there was a big cheese burger and I was just like :cry2:). So now its becoming more of a self control thing which again is still making me a better person.

Lol You were confused that I was nice? :\
And I gotcha, I'm always thinking about food...and sex...and money...but mostly food..and sex....and money lol
I mean I don't often get a "hello" on a thread that has nothing to do with me.

Same tbh... sadly I can only get access to food right now :grumble:
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
Chickpeas for life.
ew lol

I've realised and it tastes good! Whenever I want to eat out and go to a place that's vegetarian I'll pick an Indian restaurant and that's why I started making chickpeas because I was attempting to imitate the "Chana" dish :lol:

I've been going for about 3 weeks now and I do not regret my decision. Apart from having limited choices sometimes (Can't just pop to Mcdonalds for a chicken wrap), I do love it because it has encouraged me to cook WAY more and I feel like I'm eating MUCH healthier. I don't really have a core reason to why I became a vegetarian except a dream I had that made me feel sick at the sight of meat but that effect has worn off (realised this when I watched a video and there was a big cheese burger and I was just like :cry2:). So now its becoming more of a self control thing which again is still making me a better person.

I mean I don't often get a "hello" on a thread that has nothing to do with me.

Same tbh... sadly I can only get access to food right now :grumble:
It is sad indeed.
And I never knew someone would turn vegan for moral reasons, that's interesting. Some people just don't wanna get fat lol I however cannot say no a big juicy cheesy burger oh man.
TeenRose29
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ew lol

It is sad indeed.
And I never knew someone would turn vegan for moral reasons, that's interesting. Some people just don't wanna get fat lol I however cannot say no a big juicy cheesy burger oh man.
I'm healthy kay
I had kidney beans today, they're alright but yano not my 'type' haha
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
ew lol

It is sad indeed.
I'm not vegan and it wasn't a moral reason. It was because the dream I had:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4321908
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
I'm healthy kay
I had kidney beans today, they're alright but yano not my 'type' haha
It's all about the seasoning my friend. You're Asian so you probably could teach me a thing or two bout seasoning but...your boy can toss up a nice plate of kid beans and gravy and meat ygm :yy:
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not vegan and it wasn't a moral reason. It was because the dream I had:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4321908
Thought you said it was bout self control and making you a better person >_> lol
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
Thought you said it was bout self control and making you a better person >_> lol
Those are the reasons that I continue but it wasn't my initial reason.
TeenRose29
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's all about the seasoning my friend. You're Asian so you probably could teach me a thing or two bout seasoning but...your boy can toss up a nice plate of kid beans and gravy and meat ygm :yy:
Would be up for it anytime As long as the kitchen is free :yy:
Ooooohhh I love kidney beans with meat and boiled rice, yum! Oh so, how's my boy now? Teasing ya, ik it's youu
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (15)
93.75%
No (1)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise