Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Chickpeas or Kidney Beans? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Which one should I make? I made chickpeas yesterday and they came out really but I don't have bread and I don't think they'll taste nice with rice or they might tbh. I could make kidney beans but I'll have to wash the rice cooker although I have to do that anyway hmm okay maybe I'll make kidney beans for a variation in cooking then make chickpeas tomro.

It sucks being poor and vegetarian :cry2:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    if you already decided kidney beans why the thread?

Ok? What kind of cuisine are we talking? Or are you just eating plain chickpeas or kidney beans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    Which one should I make? I made chickpeas yesterday and they came out really but I don't have bread and I don't think they'll taste nice with rice or they might tbh. I could make kidney beans but I'll have to wash the rice cooker although I have to do that anyway hmm okay maybe I'll make kidney beans for a variation in cooking then make chickpeas tomro.

It sucks being poor and vegetarian :cry2:
    how did I know this was you! It's why I said :hello: in the other thread just now. Because I saw your response while I saw this thread title lol and it reminded me of your hungry thread

Anyway kidney beanssss

ReputationRep:
    kidney beans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    if you already decided kidney beans why the thread?
    It took me writing that thread to decide what I wanted

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Ok? What kind of cuisine are we talking? Or are you just eating plain chickpeas or kidney beans
    Erm onions, tomatoes, chilli, coriander, other spices
    I want to add mushrooms as well but Idk how that will taste so I'll just fry them on the side
    (Original post by 0to100)
    how did I know this was you! It's why I said :hello: in the other thread just now. Because I saw your response while I saw this thread title lol and it reminded me of your hungry thread Anyway kidney beanssss

Oh that's why... I was kinda confused xD

Yeah I'm always thinking about food :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at Indian food, they have a lot of vegetarian dishes and the ingredients are very cheap to buy.

EDIT: my Mum and brother are vegetarians.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    oh right fair enough, how is being a vegetarian treating you?

ReputationRep:

Erm onions, tomatoes, chilli, coriander, other spices
    I want to add mushrooms as well but Idk how that will taste so I'll just fry them on the side

Oh that's why... I was kinda confused xD

Yeah I'm always thinking about food :sad:
    Lol You were confused that I was nice? :\
    And I gotcha, I'm always thinking about food...and sex...and money...but mostly food..and sex....and money lol

ReputationRep:
    Used to have some chickpeas with rice but they are very plain compared to kidney beans.
    I'd go with kidney beans.

kb

ReputationRep:
    Chickpeas for life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    Have a look at Indian food, they have a lot of vegetarian dishes and the ingredients are very cheap to buy.

EDIT: my Mum and brother are vegetarians.
    I've realised and it tastes good! Whenever I want to eat out and go to a place that's vegetarian I'll pick an Indian restaurant and that's why I started making chickpeas because I was attempting to imitate the "Chana" dish :lol:

(Original post by retro_turtles)
    oh right fair enough, how is being a vegetarian treating you?
    I've been going for about 3 weeks now and I do not regret my decision. Apart from having limited choices sometimes (Can't just pop to Mcdonalds for a chicken wrap), I do love it because it has encouraged me to cook WAY more and I feel like I'm eating MUCH healthier. I don't really have a core reason to why I became a vegetarian except a dream I had that made me feel sick at the sight of meat but that effect has worn off (realised this when I watched a video and there was a big cheese burger and I was just like :cry2:). So now its becoming more of a self control thing which again is still making me a better person.

Lol You were confused that I was nice? :\
    And I gotcha, I'm always thinking about food...and sex...and money...but mostly food..and sex....and money lol
    I mean I don't often get a "hello" on a thread that has nothing to do with me.

Same tbh... sadly I can only get access to food right now :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Chickpeas for life.
    ew lol

I've realised and it tastes good! Whenever I want to eat out and go to a place that's vegetarian I'll pick an Indian restaurant and that's why I started making chickpeas because I was attempting to imitate the "Chana" dish :lol:

I've been going for about 3 weeks now and I do not regret my decision. Apart from having limited choices sometimes (Can't just pop to Mcdonalds for a chicken wrap), I do love it because it has encouraged me to cook WAY more and I feel like I'm eating MUCH healthier. I don't really have a core reason to why I became a vegetarian except a dream I had that made me feel sick at the sight of meat but that effect has worn off (realised this when I watched a video and there was a big cheese burger and I was just like :cry2:). So now its becoming more of a self control thing which again is still making me a better person.

I mean I don't often get a "hello" on a thread that has nothing to do with me.

Same tbh... sadly I can only get access to food right now :grumble:
    It is sad indeed.
    And I never knew someone would turn vegan for moral reasons, that's interesting. Some people just don't wanna get fat lol I however cannot say no a big juicy cheesy burger oh man.

ReputationRep:
    ew lol

It is sad indeed.
    And I never knew someone would turn vegan for moral reasons, that's interesting. Some people just don't wanna get fat lol I however cannot say no a big juicy cheesy burger oh man.
    I'm healthy kay
    I had kidney beans today, they're alright but yano not my 'type' haha

ReputationRep:
    ew lol

It is sad indeed.
    I'm not vegan and it wasn't a moral reason. It was because the dream I had:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4321908

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    I'm healthy kay
    I had kidney beans today, they're alright but yano not my 'type' haha
    It's all about the seasoning my friend. You're Asian so you probably could teach me a thing or two bout seasoning but...your boy can toss up a nice plate of kid beans and gravy and meat ygm :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not vegan and it wasn't a moral reason. It was because the dream I had:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4321908
    Thought you said it was bout self control and making you a better person >_> lol

ReputationRep:
    Thought you said it was bout self control and making you a better person >_> lol
    Those are the reasons that I continue but it wasn't my initial reason.

ReputationRep:
    It's all about the seasoning my friend. You're Asian so you probably could teach me a thing or two bout seasoning but...your boy can toss up a nice plate of kid beans and gravy and meat ygm :yy:
    Would be up for it anytime As long as the kitchen is free :yy:
    Ooooohhh I love kidney beans with meat and boiled rice, yum! Oh so, how's my boy now? Teasing ya, ik it's youu

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.