I'm feeling so worried about dying

Announcements

Hi, I made the mistake of watching the news and basically they were talking about how horrible Russia is. I'm finding myself getting all worked up and panicky (yet again) about dying, ww3, nuclear attacks etc. This is horrible and I just want to calm down. I know that there's nothing I can do but I just wanted to post here, to let out how I feel. The massive fear of death is always there, bubbling underneath the surface. Simply watching the bleak news or having an unexplained pain in my body can make it flare up so badly. And I'm tired of it.

ReputationRep:
    If it makes you feel better lots of people will die with you so you won't be alone.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is going to die at one point in their life.. hmm

ReputationRep:
    Why fear something that is inevitable?
    Best thing to do is embrace it

(Original post by stopbeingacuחt)
    If it makes you feel better lots of people will die with you so you won't be alone.
    yeah I suppose so

(Original post by samina_ay)
    Everyone is going to die at one point in their life.. hmm
    Yeah I really need to work on accepting it, seems like it's an abnormal issue at times

(Original post by ELVsLP)
    Why fear something that is inevitable?
    Best thing to do is embrace it
    Thanks, I will try

ReputationRep:
    i know how you feel, i feel the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah I really need to work on accepting it, seems like it's an abnormal issue at times
    Hiya!

I am absolutely petrified of dying. Well, mostly the way I will die freaks me out, and what comes after it. I am not religious, I don't believe in a soul, heaven or hell, but I despise the unknown. I like to know absolutely everything in my life, what has happened and what is to come, and I think that is why I am petrified of death.

I know it will happen. I have accepted that it will happen. I just want to know how and why and when, if you get what I mean.

What I am trying to say is that you are not the only one. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    The only certainty we have in life is death

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, I made the mistake of watching the news and basically they were talking about how horrible Russia is. I'm finding myself getting all worked up and panicky (yet again) about dying, ww3, nuclear attacks etc. This is horrible and I just want to calm down. I know that there's nothing I can do but I just wanted to post here, to let out how I feel. The massive fear of death is always there, bubbling underneath the surface. Simply watching the bleak news or having an unexplained pain in my body can make it flare up so badly. And I'm tired of it.
    Take a deep breath. Remember, we are all here too! There are many people by your side and I'm pretty sure everyone is scared of dying, so don't worry so much. (I'm scared of dying as well.)

ReputationRep:
    I think it is a perfectly natural feeling to be afraid of dying. But try to live for each day, one day at a time. You will hopefully not be approaching death for another 60 plus years. That's an awful lot of days spent worrying about something that is a very long way off, when you should be concentrating on the here and now and enjoying life.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.