I'm tired but I want to stay up

Announcements

I'm bored, anyone feel like they are sleepy but would rather not sleep? Should I try to force myself not to sleep or drink some coffee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    I'm bored, anyone feel like they are sleepy but would rather not sleep? Should I try to force myself not to sleep or drink some coffee.
    Why do you want to stay up? :hmmmm: I always feel like sleeping

I might stay up to watch The Great Indian Bakeoff with Paul Bollywood.

:lazy: :hide:

ReputationRep:
    Go outside and make some friends

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Why do you want to stay up? :hmmmm: I always feel like sleeping :lazy: :hide:
    I want to read my textbook and my uni prospectuses and watch camera reviews. I love sleeping but it's so early for a Friday.

(Original post by GUMI)
    Go outside and make some friends
    Not in the area I live in, I don't like the people here.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to stay up? :hmmmm: I always feel like sleeping

I might stay up to watch The Great Indian Bakeoff with Paul Bollywood.

:lazy: :hide:
    that just made my day

ReputationRep:
    I want to read my textbook and my uni prospectuses and watch camera reviews. I love sleeping but it's so early for a Friday.
    You're such a nerd :rofl: in a good way you can do that on the weekend

You're such a nerd :rofl: in a good way you can do that on the weekend
    Shouldn't you be the nerd? :lol: I want to do it now :cry: I did this during the summer and I just have the motivation to do it now lol. Is this sad? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a pint of cola down my neck atm for the caffeine, I just wanna chill and hopefully fall asleep in front of the TV but I've promised to do some lifts in a couple hours. Still, I stand to make 60 quid tonight, so I'm just thinking of that really.

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't you be the nerd? :lol: I want to do it now :cry: I did this during the summer and I just have the motivation to do it now lol. Is this sad? :curious:
    No :innocent: might watch some Yugioh before sleep today though

Smh, sleep is important too though but not sad I guess, you are just passionate about it

No :innocent: might watch some Yugioh before sleep today though

Smh, sleep is important too though but not sad I guess, you are just passionate about it
    Wait...you said you don't watch anime

It's the weekend, I can easily wake up at 2pm and my mum told me not to stay up and read. Not listening to her at all.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm working and feeling sleepy, it's coffee and cigs along with the occasional benzo/opiate/opioid to prevent an anxiety spike and keep relaxed - especially if I'm attending a meeting or collaborating with others on a project etc. When I'm not working, I'm glad if I'm feeling sleepy because it's usually difficult for me to fall asleep without the aid of certain types of medications. On the weekends however, I don't really care as it doesn't matter unless I need to be up early for some reason.

(Original post by Final Fantasy)
    If I'm working and feeling sleepy, it's coffee and cigs along with the occasional benzo/opiate/opioid to prevent an anxiety spike and keep relaxed - especially if I'm attending a meeting or collaborating with others on a project etc. When I'm not working, I'm glad if I'm feeling sleepy because it's usually difficult for me to fall asleep without the aid of certain types of medications. On the weekends however, I don't really care as it doesn't matter unless I need to be up early for some reason.
    We may have some cigarettes from years ago when my uncle used to stay round, would that work? :hmmmm: caffeine tbh has the adverse effect on me so I end up falling asleep with drinking it.

ReputationRep:
    We may have some cigarettes from years ago when my uncle used to stay round, would that work? :hmmmm:
    Probably not - it's gonna be stale if it's open, and you'd likely get a headache more than anything (which might keep you up!). If it's sealed, then go for it. I'd suggest vaping as an alternative though - you really don't wanna end up relying on cigs. Also, keep in mind that too much will end up making you feel sleepy towards the end of the day (perhaps that's a good thing?).

caffeine tbh has the adverse effect on me so I end up falling asleep with drinking it.
    Pure caffeine e.g. tablets, or coffee?

(Original post by Final Fantasy)
    Probably not - it's gonna be stale if it's open, and you'd likely get a headache more than anything (which might keep you up!). If it's sealed, then go for it. I'd suggest vaping as an alternative though - you really don't wanna end up relying on cigs. Also, keep in mind that too much will end up making you feel sleepy towards the end of the day (perhaps that's a good thing?).

Pure caffeine e.g. tablets, or coffee?
    I wonder if my mother would allow me to vape, I'm not really a vaping type of person but there is always a first time for everything

I haven't had pure caffeine tablets in a while, I had some and they made me throw up and caffeine drinks make me sleepy.

ReputationRep:
    Slap yourself.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've often slapped others when they've been sleepy, and it definitely worked. :yep:

(Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Slap yourself.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've often slapped others when they've been sleepy, and it definitely worked. :yep:
    Slap me :sexface: I look so stupid :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I just woke up from a nap but I really need to clean the pile of **** I call my room so I will probably spend the next 5 hours doing that -__-

Ugh I need to find where my mum put the clean duvet covers!

ReputationRep:
    Slap me :sexface: I look so stupid :lol:
    I enjoy slapping.

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I just woke up from a nap but I really need to clean the pile of **** I call my room so I will probably spend the next 5 hours doing that -__-

Ugh I need to find where my mum put the clean duvet covers!
    I napped for like 15 minutes lol :rofl: I can't even say it's a nap, if I need to tidy up my room urgently I shove everything in a bin bag :teehee:

(Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    I enjoy slapping.
    Can you slap my teacher who locked me in his classroom with him? :love:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.