Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Losing weight?! Food 'diary'

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    So I've been trying to shift some weight but I'm finding it ridiculously difficult. It just doesn't want to shift

I've been using the myfitness pal app to watch what I eat and have been including everything. I try to go gym, although recently I've only manged to go once/twice a week due to work.
    I do have hypothyroidism which makes it even more difficult for me to lose weight compared to before I had it.

I feel like there must be something I'm doing wrong?!
    Would someone be willing to have a look at my food intake and see if I'm going wrong somewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Use coconut oil.

just mix into mash potatoes, rice, fry bread in it, fry meat in it.

it's unbelievable stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Therec00)
    Hi.

Use coconut oil.

it's unbelievable stuff.
    I've heard of this before not tried it. How much do you use

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you're actually hypothyroid, as in you've been diagnosed with it, why are you not on meds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    If you're actually hypothyroid, as in you've been diagnosed with it, why are you not on meds?
    I am on medication.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Therec00)
    Hi.

Use coconut oil.

it's unbelievable stuff.
    Coconut oil is nice, but at the end of the day it's high in fats, which are loaded with calories. I'd sooner cook with calorie-free spray oil than I would any other type of oil.

(Original post by A321)
    Hey
    So I've been trying to shift some weight but I'm finding it ridiculously difficult. It just doesn't want to shift

I've been using the myfitness pal app to watch what I eat and have been including everything. I try to go gym, although recently I've only manged to go once/twice a week due to work.
    I do have hypothyroidism which makes it even more difficult for me to lose weight compared to before I had it.

I feel like there must be something I'm doing wrong?!
    Would someone be willing to have a look at my food intake and see if I'm going wrong somewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Get someone on the mfp forums to look at your diary.

Its likely the reason you arent losing is because

1. You arent at accurate deficit. Thast because you are measuring your food inaccurately. Are you weighing everything?

2. You arent being patient enough, weight loss inst linear so it means some weeks you wont lose. You need someone to look at your figures as to how much you are eating, how much deficit you have created and how long you have been going.

3. You arent recording your exercise properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A321)
    I am on medication.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're on meds at the correct dosage then it shouldn't be harder So, less food more exercise is the short answer. Sometimes we end up eating more and more food over time and we swear our metabolism isn't what it used to be, but if you're on meds then that shouldn't be the issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Get someone on the mfp forums to look at your diary.

Its likely the reason you arent losing is because

1. You arent at accurate deficit. Thast because you are measuring your food inaccurately. Are you weighing everything?

2. You arent being patient enough, weight loss inst linear so it means some weeks you wont lose. You need someone to look at your figures as to how much you are eating, how much deficit you have created and how long you have been going.

3. You arent recording your exercise properly.
    Mfp forum?
    Well my weights been pretty consistent.
    I do measure everything. Sounds stupid but alot of the time i overestimate the calories eg if something is 200 calories I'll enter it as a little bit more than it is. Just so i dont get carried away with my remaining calories.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by A321)
    Mfp forum?
    Well my weights been pretty consistent.
    I do measure everything. Sounds stupid but alot of the time i overestimate the calories eg if something is 200 calories I'll enter it as a little bit more than it is. Just so i dont get carried away with my remaining calories.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They have forums just like TSR.
    Plenty of people with hyperthyroidsim over there.

They will either pinpoint where you are going wrong. You just might not be being patient enough or you simply need to eat less.. Its all been seen before thousands of times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    If you're on meds at the correct dosage then it shouldn't be harder So, less food more exercise is the short answer. Sometimes we end up eating more and more food over time and we swear our metabolism isn't what it used to be, but if you're on meds then that shouldn't be the issue.
    Lol I knew someone would miss the point and mention that. If you read the OP I did acknowledge the fact that it must be something I'm doing wrong which is why I wanted someone to look at my food diary. It wasn't me whinging about being hypothyroid lol.
    I have previously lost weight fine before I was hypo and that was without exercise eating more than I do now. I now try to fit in exercise, eating alot less and end up skipping some meals. I can definitely say my weight seems alot more stubborn after being hypo. Theres also other things related to being hypothyroid eg leptin resistance which can contribute to weight gain.

But like I said in the OP its probably something I'm doing wrong lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    They have forums just like TSR.
    Plenty of people with hyperthyroidsim over there.

They will either pinpoint where you are going wrong. You just might not be being patient enough or you simply need to eat less.. Its all been seen before thousands of times.
    Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A321)
    Lol I knew someone would miss the point and mention that. If you read the OP I did acknowledge the fact that it must be something I'm doing wrong which is why I wanted someone to look at my food diary. It wasn't me whinging about being hypothyroid lol.
    I have previously lost weight fine before I was hypo and that was without exercise eating more than I do now. I now try to fit in exercise, eating alot less and end up skipping some meals. I can definitely say my weight seems alot more stubborn after being hypo. Theres also other things related to being hypothyroid eg leptin resistance which can contribute to weight gain.

But like I said in the OP its probably something I'm doing wrong lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just don't see why you mentioned it when it's being medicated. Either way, if you're not losing weight you need to either consume less calories or burn more calories, or both. That's literally it.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.