UWE nightlife

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Planning on applying for 2017. Nightlife is important to me just wondering what the nightlife is like at uwe I'll be in frenchay campus. Do most of the students go out into Bristol a lot as I know it's quite away from centre.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm also planning on applying to UWE in 2017 as my first choice!

I've had friends move there this year and from what I could gather, the nightlife is amazing! Big city and great clubs! Even though the uni is a little bit away from the city, there is a bus that runs from the uni into town! You're even allowed to take drinks on it apparently 😂

Obviously you'll have to catch a taxi back but if you spread the fare it really won't be that much!
    Definitely a good city for nightlife!

There's an open day next Saturday if you didn't already know! What're you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhystolson)
    Hey, I'm also planning on applying to UWE in 2017 as my first choice!

I've had friends move there this year and from what I could gather, the nightlife is amazing! Big city and great clubs! Even though the uni is a little bit away from the city, there is a bus that runs from the uni into town! You're even allowed to take drinks on it apparently 😂

Obviously you'll have to catch a taxi back but if you spread the fare it really won't be that much!
    Definitely a good city for nightlife!

There's an open day next Saturday if you didn't already know! What're you applying for?
    Business Management with HR, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marco97)
    Business Management with HR, you?
    It's either an LLB in law, or criminology with law. Not entirely sure yet haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marco97)
    Planning on applying for 2017. Nightlife is important to me just wondering what the nightlife is like at uwe I'll be in frenchay campus. Do most of the students go out into Bristol a lot as I know it's quite away from centre.
    I'm in my 3rd and final year.

The revamped SU is quite good for lock-ins, or so I've heard. Lakota, Motion and Blue Mountain are good for the more underground club life. SWX and Prism for the more mainstream.

Plenty of trendy bars around too.

Be sure to join societies.

ReputationRep:
    Dont be one of those godforesaken ***** who spends every other week in Mbargo. All about The Doghouse, The Plough, Dojo, Motion, Small Horse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moral Decay)
    Dont be one of those godforesaken ***** who spends every other week in Mbargo. All about The Doghouse, The Plough, Dojo, Motion, Small Horse.
    I've heard good things about Motion, is it any good???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhystolson)
    I've heard good things about Motion, is it any good???
    motions very good, one of the best clubs in england in the underground scene. between now and new year, IN Motion runs, which is a series of sell out underground events. i love motion, and the nightlife of uwe was one of the main reasons i chose here haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jxmesy)
    motions very good, one of the best clubs in england in the underground scene. between now and new year, IN Motion runs, which is a series of sell out underground events. i love motion, and the nightlife of uwe was one of the main reasons i chose here haha
    Sounds awesome! The nightlife reputation is a reason I'm considering too 😂 What're you studying and how are you finding the uni??

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.