Building CV Socities

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm a fresher and wanted to make the most of my time at uni due to not doing many extra curricular while doing GCSEs and A levels and was wandering what a good number would be and what things to do
    I want to join the badminton, Accounting and economics and either futsal or hindu and was just wandering what thoughts were on this.

Also, at my uni there is no table tennis so instead of the above, would it look better creating this as I'm into table tennis.

I just want to be wary that i don't do to much as i'm doing accounting and finance course and it has a fair amount of hours each week and i wanted a first so i can apply for a placement year.
    Probably seems like It would be better to drop Hindu as this one is more to meet people as it wouldn't add anything to cv
    Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexp98)
    Hey,
    I'm a fresher and wanted to make the most of my time at uni due to not doing many extra curricular while doing GCSEs and A levels and was wandering what a good number would be and what things to do
    I want to join the badminton, Accounting and economics and either futsal or hindu and was just wandering what thoughts were on this.

Also, at my uni there is no table tennis so instead of the above, would it look better creating this as I'm into table tennis.

I just want to be wary that i don't do to much as i'm doing accounting and finance course and it has a fair amount of hours each week and i wanted a first so i can apply for a placement year.
    Probably seems like It would be better to drop Hindu as this one is more to meet people as it wouldn't add anything to cv
    Many thanks
    Don't do something for the primary reason of wanting to build up your CV. Do it because you want to do it because you enjoy it and/or passionate about it.

Do whatever you enjoy. Team sports are great. Languages are great. Both will tick boxes, but it's nothing exceptional. What would be even better, is if you took a leadership role/position of responsibility within your society. Setting up a club sounds great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Don't do something for the primary reason of wanting to build up your CV. Do it because you want to do it because you enjoy it and/or passionate about it.

Do whatever you enjoy. Team sports are great. Languages are great. Both will tick boxes, but it's nothing exceptional. What would be even better, is if you took a leadership role/position of responsibility within your society. Setting up a club sounds great!
    Ok thanks a lot for the help, yeah agreed it's not exceptional but will be a strong step coming from someone who has just focused on education in past years. Yeah, will look into in the second year trying to get a more senior position on one of the societies. Is there anything else you recommend? I'm also going to be doing a placement year too.

Pretty sure i won't have the time for a part time job though which i didn't want to do anyway

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.