Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Red patches on face? Watch

Announcements

Hi, I'm a 19 year old male, and I have got red patches on my face. It's happened before and gone, but I was just wondering what would be the best way to get rid of it? Should I see a doctor?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, I'm a 19 year old male, and I have got red patches on my face. It's happened before and gone, but I was just wondering what would be the best way to get rid of it? Should I see a doctor?
    Need more to go on. Like:
    By red patches do you mean like blushing or rash or what? Where on your face? Do they itch, seem dry or feel unusual in any way? Did they come on after contact with something or doing something? Do you notice anything else at the same time like tiredness, itchy throat or issues breathing, other marks or feeling generally wierd or ill? Does it happen anywhere else ever? How long does it last?

How to get rid of it depends entirely on what it is, but you can start by seeing if gently washing it with plain water and dabbing dry or applying something like aloe vera or a plain moisturiser (like aquious cream) helps. Ifa its a reaction to something on your skin or dry skin from the sun/ wind that should hopefully have some effect.

I would suggest you see a pharmacist next time it happens. They can take a look and tell you if you need to see a doctor or if they can give you something for it. You could also call 111 or see a doctor but it would be better if they can see it in person and a doctors appointment could take too long to get and is probably not necessary. I expect it's a basic skin reacton that your pharmacist can deal with, but if not they will be able to point you in the right direction. That's just going by what you've said though so if there's anything that makes you worried, trust your gut over me and take what action you think is necessary.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.