Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im off to uni in september and recently ive been spending a lot of time with a friend ive known for about 7 years. She's going to have a gap year travelling the world and I may not see her again....

Of course we've agreed to stay in contact but if it doesn't work out, i just want to say goodbye in a way that she'll remember me.

No doubt many of you are in the same situation so, how are you saying goodbye to your best friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])
    Im off to uni in september and recently ive been spending a lot of time with a friend ive known for about 7 years. She's going to have a gap year travelling the world and I may not see her again....

Of course we've agreed to stay in contact but if it doesn't work out, i just want to say goodbye in a way that she'll remember me.

No doubt many of you are in the same situation so, how are you saying goodbye to your best friends?
    I didn't that's what's so sad

(though I'm not going to Uni...they are going to different colleges)

ReputationRep:

oh thats sad

i guess its quite hard for us to tell you what to say, but say soemthing personal...something no one esle would say you know?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I recently said goodbye to a ver special teacher (more like friend) of mine...it was really simple but she was touched to the heart and had tears in her eyes..
    I baked her a lovely cake and wrote thanx and goodbye on it along with her name...and gave her a whole load of presents....
    (I HATE goodbyes!...)
    How special is this friend? and what kind of things does she like?...also, how sentimental can she get..
    These ques should help u decide what to do for..
    hope that helped..cheers

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I thought you were saying goodbye to us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pzyko)
    Aww, I thought you were saying goodbye to us.
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    Don't say goodbye. Just leave each other as though you will see each other again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    oh thats sad

i guess its quite hard for us to tell you what to say, but say soemthing personal...something no one esle would say you know?
    Yeah ive had a think about it and ive tried to work out what to say but i just cant articulate the right words. Doesn't always help that i used to fancy the pants off her

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ive had a think about it and ive tried to work out what to say but i just cant articulate the right words. Doesn't always help that i used to fancy the pants off her
    hehe i aint no good at these things so my advice is probably bad advice :rolleyes:

PS: sounds liek you still do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    Well, I recently said goodbye to a ver special teacher (more like friend) of mine...it was really simple but she was touched to the heart and had tears in her eyes..
    I baked her a lovely cake and wrote thanx and goodbye on it along with her name...and gave her a whole load of presents....
    (I HATE goodbyes!...)
    How special is this friend? and what kind of things does she like?...also, how sentimental can she get..
    hope that helped..cheers
    Shes special alrite, she isn't like other women ive known and she can get quite sentimental. Ta for the info, she likes cookies so i might buy her a big one saying "Thanks" or something

ReputationRep:
    shag her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    (I HATE goodbyes!...)
    hope that helped..cheers
    you baked your teacher a cake? o_0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY)
    shag her!
    Damnit, you said it before me.

ReputationRep:
    Wish i could help u ..... but id probably give useless advice.....(bet ur wondering why only ppl who CANT help u are bothering to post...lol..)..... whatever u think of.... i hope its gr8.......

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure i'm gonna cry when i leave for uni and my best friend is left behind for her gap year :confused:

ReputationRep:
    leave her your e-mail adress,#
    u could arange then meet up from time to time.

and then saying goodbye wont be so hard.

(take some tissues in case she crys)

ReputationRep:

Just don't say anything - shes bound to remember that. Then again maybe you want her to remember you in a good light...

ReputationRep:
    Shes special alrite, she isn't like other women ive known and she can get quite sentimental. Ta for the info, she likes cookies so i might buy her a big one saying "Thanks" or something
    one of the big millie's cookies! they're yummy

ReputationRep:
    Shoot her and yourself - then neither of you will be sad.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Shoot her and yourself - then neither of you will be sad.

MB
    Sounds reasonable

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.