Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an average of 613 in my ukcat. I have good predicted scores (90%+) and grade 10 scores of three A*s and two As out of the five subjects that I had chosen. I also have work experience in hospitals and many academic and co curricular awards. I have been thinking of applying to Bristol, Dundee, Cardiff and Newcastle. Are they likely to accept my application? I've heard that Bristol only considers UKCAT as 10% of its entire application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medaspirant;[url="tel:67837388")
    67837388[/url]]I got an average of 613 in my ukcat. I have good predicted scores (90%+) and grade 10 scores of three A*s and two As out of the five subjects that I had chosen. I also have work experience in hospitals and many academic and co curricular awards. I have been thinking of applying to Bristol, Dundee, Cardiff and Newcastle. Are they likely to accept my application? I've heard that Bristol only considers UKCAT as 10% of its entire application.
    Yep, Bristol only count the ukcat as 10%. But as the PS is 70% make sure yours is strong, including what you learned from you work ex. Cardiff is also a good option but I'm not sure about Newcastle as they love the ukcat. - so I fear it could be a waste of an option for you as they put so much emphasis on the exam. I know Glasgow like a good ukcat score but look at the application as a whole so that might be a better option? There's also Aberdeen . Tbh you're best off having a good look yourself and make your own judgements - don't take opinions on TSR as gospel! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I have a ukcat avg of 650 which unis do u think are best for low ukcat? Was thinking Cardiff, Exeter(only cuz Iv already got my results), Liverpool n HYMS?
    Sheffield was low last yr but their changing style this yr so it's more ukcat heavy. Is UEA a Gd one for low ukcat?
    Please help!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.