The Student Room Group

Where to study for GCSE Science for adults?? ICS or Cloudlearn?

I'd love to know who has had experience with either and which is the best one to go with. I'm working full time and the college that i work at hasn't got the best science classes and its way more expensive than distance learning places.
Neither just buy the textbooks and teach your self and find an exam center.
Reply 2
Ok interesting.

Any recommendations on some textbooks??
Well you need to choose whether you would rather do double science or triple science .

Since you will be doing it as a private candiate only iGCSEs are available to you so you need to choose what examboard you would rather do .

Cambridge igcse or Edxcel igcse. Note that cambridge is a lot harder in terms of the actual exam and finding an exam center though.

Anyway double science is alot easier than triple and much cheaper.

If you do choose triple though you need to decide if you would rather do human biology where there is less emphasis on plants or normal biology .

There is no variations for chemistry and physics. Then buy a combined science textbook from your examboard if you are doing double .

If you are doing triple though buy a separate textbook for each science from your examboard.

Try buying it from amazon.
Also if you want a letter grade you only have until 2018.

If you want to sit the exam in january you have to find an exam center and register before the middle of October .

If you want to sit it in May/June then you need to find an examcenter before the end of january.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Manga_Lover
I'd love to know who has had experience with either and which is the best one to go with. I'm working full time and the college that i work at hasn't got the best science classes and its way more expensive than distance learning places.

I'd say not to do on any of them and not to waste your money. Register at an exam centre for whatever type of science you want to do then you can try and teach yourself at home instead.
Bit of a late reply but yeah as above. I've spent over £1500 with Cloudlearn for 5 subjects and tbh I wish I had gone through a college. Have you actually spoken with your college? Mine was only £400 for GCSE science as I believe it's subsidised if you didn't get a C or better from school. Also with online providers you normally have to arrange your own exams. With Cloudlean you do. This for science alone was around £400.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending