username2560671
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I want to study mechanical engineering at university, preferably Leeds, and I am currently studying Physics, Chemisty and Mathematics. Are these subjects suitable for entry into an MEng mechanical engineering course, or should I have taken Further Mathematics/ Design Technology.
Nisathesharp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For some reason, people with the ambition of mech engineering choose different alevel route.

my ambition is mechanical engineering or mechatronics engineering

I chose maths, physics, electronics and ICT.

I need to know what u like in specific from mechanical engineering. Like productions managing, civil, electronics or automotive etc...

I dont know why many choose chemistry either unless if someone may want to be a chemical engineer. your courses are fine enough for that uni. try to get involved in extra curricular activities though. I cant coz im doing four alevels. I go gym at times, read fiction books.
username2560671
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Nisathesharp)
For some reason, people with the ambition of mech engineering choose different alevel route.

my ambition is mechanical engineering or mechatronics engineering

I chose maths, physics, electronics and ICT.

I need to know what u like in specific from mechanical engineering. Like productions managing, civil, electronics or automotive etc...

I dont know why many choose chemistry either unless if someone may want to be a chemical engineer. your courses are fine enough for that uni. try to get involved in extra curricular activities though. I cant coz im doing four alevels. I go gym at times, read fiction books.
i am thinking of automotive engineering, btw that was really helpful, thanks a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.53%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (12)
14.12%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
18.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads