Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm UK resident for almost 10 years and decided to start new course in England.

I did previously study 2 years which were finance but due health issues i did drop from course.

I'm trying apply now for finance which should cover new course but was told that i can get only support for 2nd and 3rd year (3 years course).

Is there any way to get the finance for the 1st year of my new course?

There is an option to change course to fastrack which is taking only 2 years but in that situation would Student Finance will only pay for 2nd year?

Based on that it will fund 2+1 and with 2 years already paid it will be only one year of available funding?

Many thanks,
    Nicol
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by termsig)
    Hello,

I'm UK resident for almost 10 years and decided to start new course in England.

I did previously study 2 years which were finance but due health issues i did drop from course.

I'm trying apply now for finance which should cover new course but was told that i can get only support for 2nd and 3rd year (3 years course).

Is there any way to get the finance for the 1st year of my new course?

There is an option to change course to fastrack which is taking only 2 years but in that situation would Student Finance will only pay for 2nd year?

Based on that it will fund 2+1 and with 2 years already paid it will be only one year of available funding?

Many thanks,
    Nicol
    If you were able to enter onto the 2nd year of a 3 year course then SFE would pay for both years - getting this to work will rely on your university sending the right details about you and your course to SFE/SLC.

Alternatively you could apply to SFE with evidence showing that you left your previous course due to "compelling personal reasons" (health issues are suually the main reason people apply successfully). That would then get one or both of your previously funded years "wiped" from the calculation and you'd be eligible for funding for your first year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.