should i apply for KINGS LAW? ADVICE URGENT Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    okay I am a alevel student on the reformed alevels spec,
    I got an A in history
    C in sociology, politics, english lit

I am dropping english
    ( do not judge me on the C's)
    politics I was ill and it is the old spec so I can resit the module in my marks it is evident I got an A on the first half of the first paper I got an E on unit 1, a few marks of an A on unit 2, I did not really revise for that. tbh

Sociology I did not revise, but it is reformed I am revising hard and I am more organised this year,

evidently history is really hard the fact I got an A must prove something, if I get the predicted grades, get high LNAT score? does that give me a chance, also I got B's mainly and 2 A's at GCSE.

Should I apply yes or no?

ReputationRep:
    Nah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Nah
    why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mar1enneh)
    why?
    Grades, and the fact that KCL only uses the LNAT as a cut-off. You may ask us not to judge you on your three Cs, but King's definitely will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Grades, and the fact that KCL only uses the LNAT as a cut-off. You may ask us not to judge you on your three Cs, but King's definitely will.
    they reformed AS's so they do not exist, technically anymore, they do not count in my final grade

ReputationRep:
    they reformed AS's so they do not exist, technically anymore, they do not count in my final grade
    But they do serve as the most recent indicator of academic potential, and they're not great. King's may not worry as to whether your ASs stop you from getting the A*AA they require (because, under the old system, you would need minimum 91 UMS to get an A overall for the two C subjects you're carrying on to A2), but they will worry that you're not capable of getting those grades anyway.

ReputationRep:
    is there any particular reason you want to go Kings? i'd suggest not to apply because Kings is all about grades tbh. But theres unis out there just as good if not better which u won't think are that good in the outset. I go to Leeds uni and do law, we're 7th out of 115 law providers (higher than Oxford and many other russell group unis) and came 2nd in the NSS behind Cambridge and are The Times and Sunday Times uni of the year. the entry requirements are AAA i think but you'll have to double check. Moral of the story - don't limit your options to Kings being the be all end all, loads of good unis out there for law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zakiah nasir)
    is there any particular reason you want to go Kings? i'd suggest not to apply because Kings is all about grades tbh. But theres unis out there just as good if not better which u won't think are that good in the outset. I go to Leeds uni and do law, we're 7th out of 115 law providers (higher than Oxford and many other russell group unis) and came 2nd in the NSS behind Cambridge and are The Times and Sunday Times uni of the year. the entry requirements are AAA i think but you'll have to double check. Moral of the story - don't limit your options to Kings being the be all end all, loads of good unis out there for law
    well, I want to commute to kings,

ReputationRep:
    well, I want to commute to kings,
    if u do go for it just make sure u have a back up in place just in case. If you want to commute maybe look at other unis which aren't too far from u also and look into them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.