What sports will give me a womanly, curvy, hour-glass figure?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I want to start a new sport or dance but I don't want to lose my curves. It seems like a lot of sport causes you to form more of a square-ish frame and bigger waist. I have a thin, petite figure at the moment and would love to be a bit more curvy/hour-glass, but I love sports! Any recommendations? I'm considering ballet, rowing, synchronized swimming, pole dancing, squash, and volleyball but I'm open to suggestions. THANK YOU <3

ReputationRep:
    If you're playing recreationally it is very unlikely your shape will be impacted that much but you will lose weight no doubt. If you've got curves already then your body will most likely just lose weight and retain its curves . I've got no idea about synch swimming, pole dancing or balet but the rest are good for cardio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    If you're playing recreationally it is very unlikely your shape will be impacted that much but you will lose weight no doubt. If you've got curves already then your body will most likely just lose weight and retain its curves . I've got no idea about synch swimming, pole dancing or balet but the rest are good for cardio
    I can't possibly lose more weight though. I'm as thin as is possible healthily. I just don't want to gain so much muscle in areas that make me look straight (like core muscles).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissFun)
    I can't possibly lose more weight though. I'm as thin as is possible healthily. I just don't want to gain so much muscle in areas that make me look straight (like core muscles).
    The physiology of a woman is not predisposed to hypertrophy: unless you adopt an intensive regimen of hormonal supplementation, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh;[url="tel:67841960")
    67841960[/url]]The physiology of a woman is not predisposed to hypertrophy: unless you adopt an intensive regimen of hormonal supplementation, you'll be fine.
    This.

I don't see how wider shoulders, lat spread when combined with a narrow waist and wider hips from lifting will make you look 'square'.

The gym would make you look far LESS square and far more shapely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissFun)
    You won't. Not only, as Profesh said you're not physically or hormonally built to do this, but also even guys don't just wake up and realise they've built too much muscle. It's a gradual process.

Read the FAQ in the fitness forum, train with heavy weights to gain muscle, then when you think you've gained enough, you can then train/eat just to maintain. No sport will put significant amounts of muscle on you - any sport in which the top level athletes are all muscular, means that the athletes train with weights because the extra power, strength and muscle helps them with their sport.

ReputationRep:
    No sport is going to give you curves. If it's not genetic then putting on weight should do it.

ReputationRep:
    you shouldn't lose weight playing sports as long as you eat a little more

you also won't put on enough muscle to look anything other than 'toned' (for want of a better word!) as a casual sports player, you have to be pretty committed as a woman to develop that extremely muscular frame you see on elite athletes

ReputationRep:
    Try any sport really, but do it in a really tight corset.

ReputationRep:
    If you're naturally fairly thin, then the obvious way to get a more "womanly" figure is lifting weights! No, you won't look manly unless you start sticking test injections in your ass. I've been lifting for 3 years or so now and I get so many comments on my figure because of it!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.