Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How do i get paid?

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Not a dumb question at all, although I'm sure there are better ways to get answers (Google, ask parents or even ask the employer for example).

Unless you've been told otherwise you'll need your account name (ideally the exact name the account is in), the account number of the account you'd like the money to be paid to and the sort code of the bank where your account is held. So the details will look something like this:

Account Name: Mr Dave E Jones
    Account Number: 24689043
    Sort Code: 50-69-18

You shouldn't need your card but it's worth having it on you. If you've not been told to, have other personal details on hand like your address, national insurance number and so on. They may already have these on file but if not you'll probably need to provide them at some point.

Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of retail!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    This is a dumb question but i'm starting a job in retail next month and i need to provide my bank details in person
    what do i give? the account number?
    P.s shall i write it on paper or take my card?
    They will usually get you to fill in all the paperwork before you start, which will include your bank details etc. Usually its the account number an sort code you need to give.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    This is a dumb question but i'm starting a job in retail next month and i need to provide my bank details in person
    what do i give? the account number?
    P.s shall i write it on paper or take my card?
    atm or debit card generally has all the information you need , as does a statement

the key things are

-your name as it appears on the account

- which bank it is (obvious!) and which branch ( not so obvious)

- the sort code which is nn -nn - nn ( the first two also say which bank it is e.g.) if you bank with HSBC the first two numbers are 40 - the next two indicate which branch . section manages your account )
    - your account number ( usually 8 digits )

- if you bank with some of the building societies / former building societies they might also need the 'roll no' .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    atm or debit card generally has all the information you need , as does a statement

the key things are

-your name as it appears on the account

- which bank it is (obvious!) and which branch ( not so obvious)

- the sort code which is nn -nn - nn ( the first two also say which bank it is e.g.) if you bank with HSBC the first two numbers are 40 - the next two indicate which branch . section manages your account )
    - your account number ( usually 8 digits )

- if you bank with some of the building societies / former building societies they might also need the 'roll no' .
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Not a dumb question at all, although I'm sure there are better ways to get answers (Google, ask parents or even ask the employer for example).

Unless you've been told otherwise you'll need your account name (ideally the exact name the account is in), the account number of the account you'd like the money to be paid to and the sort code of the bank where your account is held. So the details will look something like this:

Account Name: Mr Dave E Jones
    Account Number: 24689043
    Sort Code: 50-69-18

You shouldn't need your card but it's worth having it on you. If you've not been told to, have other personal details on hand like your address, national insurance number and so on. They may already have these on file but if not you'll probably need to provide them at some point.

Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of retail!
    thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    They will usually get you to fill in all the paperwork before you start, which will include your bank details etc. Usually its the account number an sort code you need to give.
    thank you so much

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.