Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Wilko no reply

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a job at wilko on the 23rd of July after 2 weeks I got no reply so I phoned the store and was told the manager was on holiday. At the same time I had emailed before and was told by the wilko recruitment that the store has received so many applications and sifting through them and will get back to me.

It has now been two months and I have had no reply so I applied for more positions but also enquired about the job I applied for on the 23rd and was told that they have received many applications and are sorting them out.

(Original post by USP143)
    I applied for a job at wilko on the 23rd of July after 2 weeks I got no reply so I phoned the store and was told the manager was on holiday. At the same time I had emailed before and was told by the wilko recruitment that the store has received so many applications and sifting through them and will get back to me.

It has now been two months and I have had no reply so I applied for more positions but also enquired about the job I applied for on the 23rd and was told that they have received many applications and are sorting them out.
    You forgot to mention whether you asked them when they expected to be able to tell you soemthing. If they are behind, then you will just have to wait although it sounds like your chances are small just on the odds, so you do right in applying for other jobs. You cnat really progress it, except maybe write a letter to the manager saying who you are, you understand they have many applications, you will wait, but that you are still keen to work there and hope they dont forget about your application. Thats as much as you can do.

You could also apply to head office COE and chance your arm explaining the situation and that you are keen to work there, but the turnaround is very slow. This is hit and miss. It could get you noticed as keen or it could end it.

You could also put it on their facebook

ReputationRep:
    If its been two months i'd say you haven't got it and look for other jobs

ReputationRep:
    Get used to it, many places won't get back to you in regards to jobs. Especially small stuff like this. It's perfectly normal, albeit frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    Frankly, if you haven't got a reply within 2 weeks (never mind 2 months, at that point you've got no chance of contact unless something else has cropped up and they think you'd fit the part) you're best of assuming you haven't got the job, unless there's some sort of end date listed with the job ad that is, although I'd stick with the 2 week rule.

Strictly speaking, businesses don't tend to get back to you unless they're interested. You might get the odd rejection email here for there, but you won't usually get more than that if they aren't interested.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.