Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

am i good enough for History and Politics at Oxford?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

So im applying at Oxford for History and Politics.

My AS grades were AACC (History, politics, economics, maths respectively) and i know they arent good enough BUT... My predicted grades are A*A*A and only 2 subjects are non linear (A for politica and C for maths) so on my application theyll see: Predicted A*A*A, Qualifications:A,C. My personal statement looks great I think (had much help) and my GCSE's are good enough.

What do you think? Good enough?

ReputationRep:
    It's a competitive course - a lot will ride on how you do on the Oxford-specific pre-admissions tests. Were there any extenuating circumstances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmaan_moh)
    Hey,

So im applying at Oxford for History and Politics.

My AS grades were AACC (History, politics, economics, maths respectively) and i know they arent good enough BUT... My predicted grades are A*A*A and only 2 subjects are non linear (A for politica and C for maths) so on my application theyll see: Predicted A*A*A, Qualifications:A,C. My personal statement looks great I think (had much help) and my GCSE's are good enough.

What do you think? Good enough?
    It'll be very hard. You have to include all of your AS results, however they're not looking at AS results that much. I'd work very hard for your HAT as if you get a good score in that you'll most likely get an interview! Good luck!

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.