Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Reading University Food Money.

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, i went to reading university today, and one of the helpers said something about getting £63 per week for food? is this true, and if it is how do we apply for this? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neza99)
    Hiya, i went to reading university today, and one of the helpers said something about getting £63 per week for food? is this true, and if it is how do we apply for this? Thanks!
    Hi, you get it automatically if you stay in catered halls (Windsor/wantage/St pats/dunsden crescent) it is loaded onto a card and you can spend it in certain food outlets on campus instead of having to cook all of your meals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyAmy123)
    Hi, you get it automatically if you stay in catered halls (Windsor/wantage/St pats/dunsden crescent) it is loaded onto a card and you can spend it in certain food outlets on campus instead of having to cook all of your meals
    so you don't get it if you get a self catered hall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neza99)
    so you don't get it if you get a self catered hall?
    Nope, it's not like a bursary or anything, just the way the catered halls work

ReputationRep:
    oh alright, thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    How much do you Reckon the food cost? And do you think the £63 pounds could last the whole week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ogtio)
    How much do you Reckon the food cost? And do you think the £63 pounds could last the whole week?
    It depends on the individual. I can make it last year while week as I have my on cereal for breakfasts so am just using it for lunch and dinner. Main meals are £5-6 and lunch can me closer to £2-3 it just depends what you have

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.