2 A2s and 3 AS Subjects Watch

Sal.Tek_ 〔サルテック〕
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello TSR,

I am very interested in doing a MMath in Sept. 2017 at a good university, but then I went and messed up my first year of college and only got a BDEU in maths, physics, computer science and further maths respectively

This year I'm putting in a lot of effort into my studies, and I am aiming for A*Aabb in Maths (A2), Physics (A2), FM(AS) CS(AS) and economics(AS) My question is, does anyone know of any (good) universities that will let me onto the course (I would be fine doing a Bsc in Maths as well) with 2 A2s and 3 AS subjects, or do you think it would be better to wait a year and get 5 A2s overall?

Thank you in advance for any information or advice

Sal
Kvothe the Arcane
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You will need at least 3 A2s. Getting 5 will not be advantageous.

You should probably self study Further Maths A2.
Sal.Tek_ 〔サルテック〕
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I planned to do A2 FM, but due to my U my college said I cannot do A2, even if I self study. And to do a third year, I have to do a minimum of 3 courses, so it would make more sense to do A2 FM, CS and Econ as opposed to other AS subjects

I have also seen some Unis offer foundation degrees (Such as Durham, one of my preferences)
Does anyone know if UK students can take the foundation route, or is this for international students only?

Thanks again in advance

Sal
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sal.Tek_ 〔サルテック〕)
I planned to do A2 FM, but due to my U my college said I cannot do A2, even if I self study. And to do a third year, I have to do a minimum of 3 courses, so it would make more sense to do A2 FM, CS and Econ as opposed to other AS subjects

I have also seen some Unis offer foundation degrees (Such as Durham, one of my preferences)
Does anyone know if UK students can take the foundation route, or is this for international students only?

Thanks again in advance

Sal
The foundation year at Durham is open to any students not just Internationals. But the requirements are good A-levels in unsuitable subjects. Whereas you have "poor" grades in suitable subjects:

https://www.dur.ac.uk/courses/info/?...=BSC&year=2017

I suggest you contact Durham direct to check if they would consider your application before you send it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?