Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did you keep your first driving test date a secret? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just curious.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, was probably a mistake. Got berated by my friends but you get over it when you realise they didn't pass on the first go either.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't, but it doesn't matter either way. I don't see why you would keep it a secret tho nobody cares whether you pass or fail

ReputationRep:
    I will and my friend had too until she passed (she failed twice)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nahh, too much hassle

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did. The whole process is incredibly expensive and I couldn't stand anyone knowing I blew so much money in a matter of hours only to fail.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I only told the close people that i live with. So that my mum and sister and driving instructor. other than that no ells was told when my test was.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I planned to keep it quiet, but friends and family kept asking so much that I finally caved and told them when it was. I ended up passing first time which was nice, but it wouldn't have mattered if I hadn't, loads of people don't pass first time

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting my practical soon for the 3rd time. Every attempt so far I've kept quiet, and only a few people (close family, driving instructor and a couple of others) know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was planning on keeping it totally quite, however i tend to overshare so ive told quite alot of people its this month. Luckily I dont think anyone will remember though expect the family I live with. I know im going to be so nervous, the night before I dont want loads of people reminding me. I wouldn't be embarassed to say if I fail but i will probably be quite upset by it so I dont want people to keep asking me.

No one knows the exact date, except prehaps my sister who the piece of paper that had it written on. Im so desperate to pass.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.