Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I don't feel emmotions Watch

As long as I can remember I never felt any emotions. I have been through some bad things but never felt a thing. Not even positive emotion. I mean I don't know how I feel about this. I guess I do want to feel emotions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As long as I can remember I never felt any emotions. I have been through some bad things but never felt a thing. Not even positive emotion. I mean I don't know how I feel about this. I guess I do want to feel emotions.
    Are you serious?

ReputationRep:
    Is this even humanly possible?

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the guys above me trying to make you sound inhuman, you're not alone; I've been through the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    http://goodstatuses.com/pictures/i_w..._you_49202.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...408c1f07df.jpg

did you not even feel confusion after those? :holmes:

what about after any large exams or competitions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123moon)
    I think there are probably some people who feel little emotion, but it seems impossible to have NO emotions at all?!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm sorry to hear you (don't) feel this way. Have you spoken to your Doctor or anyone professional about the matter? I suggest you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    I think there are probably some people who feel little emotion, but it seems impossible to have NO emotions at all?!
    Exactly. I think you can show little emotion but to be completely emotionless must be near impossible. Not saying there is anything wrong with it, though.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. I think you can show little emotion but to be completely emotionless must be near impossible.
    Yeah I agree; I think people can sometimes 'adapt' to a certain situation- and they condition themselves to not feel many emotions, maybe they have been hurt very badly in the past. But everybody feels some emotion!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    This is a fairly common symptom of depression and other mental illnesses. I've often felt like absolutely anything could happen to me, positive or negative, and it would barely even register. Horrible as it sounds, even when people have died. You're not alone though, and things can get better- have you ever seen your GP about any of this?

To other posters in this thread, it's okay to ask questions etc about how someone's feeling but please show some sensitivity too and don't try and discredit how they're feeling. Everyone is different, and the OP is definitely not alone in this.

ReputationRep:
    There is a condition called alexithymia in which some individuals may not experience any emotions. It could be something that you have, OP, although, I would advise you to see a GP.

ReputationRep:
    why are people posting on a 46-year-old thread
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I had to do it

(Original post by TimidPhoenix)
    There is a condition called alexithymia in which some individuals may not experience any emotions. It could be something that you have, OP, although, I would advise you to see a GP.
    it's found in .3% of people on average

Are you serious?
    Oh yes
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    http://goodstatuses.com/pictures/i_w..._you_49202.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...408c1f07df.jpg

did you not even feel confusion after those? :holmes:

what about after any large exams or competitions?
    Nope, don't feel nervous or anything before exams. Did my highers this year wasn't worried at all.
    I don't know maybe I do I just don't realise

(Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
    Hi, I'm sorry to hear you (don't) feel this way. Have you spoken to your Doctor or anyone professional about the matter? I suggest you do.
    Okay, thank you
    (Original post by furryface12)
    This is a fairly common symptom of depression and other mental illnesses. I've often felt like absolutely anything could happen to me, positive or negative, and it would barely even register. Horrible as it sounds, even when people have died. You're not alone though, and things can get better- have you ever seen your GP about any of this?

To other posters in this thread, it's okay to ask questions etc about how someone's feeling but please show some sensitivity too and don't try and discredit how they're feeling. Everyone is different, and the OP is definitely not alone in this.
    I did see my doctor about hallucinations but he said it's nothing to worry about and asked me to come back if I ever see stuff again. Other than that nothing

(Original post by TimidPhoenix)
    cheers mate

ReputationRep:
    OP, I'm sorry if i offended you or anyone else in any way.

But I just never knew such a condition could exist.

ReputationRep:
    cheers mate
    You're welcome.

OP, I'm sorry if i offended you or anyone else in any way.

But I just never knew such a condition could exist.
    No don't worry about it, it's cool. You didn't offend me
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thank you

I did see my doctor about hallucinations but he said it's nothing to worry about and asked me to come back if I ever see stuff again. Other than that nothing
    It might be worth thinking about seeing him about this too? It's up to you but particularly if it's been going on for a long time and is bothering you and/or you have other symptoms then it's definitely worth a go. Hope things start looking up for you though whichever you decide

I just remembered I do feel a little bit of pain. I don't know if pain counts as an emotion. But when something is hurting I don't do anything about it. I guess I can't be bothered. I remember once my pinky got stuck in a door and it almost feel off my hand. Only a little bit was attached and it was all bloody. I was forced to go to the hospital by school. It hurt a little bit

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.