EU teacher applying in the UK Watch

Eng90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello everyone,

I am currently working as a primary school teacher in my home country (EU) for the fifth consecutive year. I hold a degree in primary education and currently completing a relevant masters as well.

I want to work as a primary school teacher in the UK and I am trying to explore all of my options. As I mentioned, I have school experience and a relevant degree, and last year I applied online and got the QTS as well.

I would like to apply straight for a qualified teaching position but my concern is that I am not familiar with the British curriculum and that would hinder my chances - also, I would not be so confident to do that from the beginning. I have found a teacher training programme that is offered jointly by universities and schools, where you have to apply through UCAS, and I will aim for that.

Do you know what other options are there for me, based on my situtation? Could the QTS that I received prevent me from working in an assistant/cover role initially? I am a bit confused with all the prerequisites for teaching in the UK, that's why I'd like some help about the variety of my options in general.

Thank you!
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can still work in an assistant/cover role initially even if you have QTS.
There's no point in doing another teaching qualification in the UK - you already have QTS!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (33)
16.75%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (83)
42.13%
Nope, not that interesting (81)
41.12%

Watched Threads