Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I get attached too easily Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    if anyone especially an acquaintance that i admire or feel attracted towards starts a convo with me i immediately get attached. As the weeks go by we would normally talk at least once everyday and at last become very close friends. But the thing is. They normally know how to move on and they had other people to talk to during those times we've talked so they're not as easily attached as i am. when i am talking to somoene all i can think about is them and i focus all my attention to them. but when i don't get that typpe of response back i feel like a wreck.

Does anyone know how to not feel too attached to somebody?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Same here, whenever a girl shows me any form of friendliness/kindness I'm already falling for her.

It just might be a psychological thing, it might stem from an inexperience in forming true relationships with people or maybe that's just how you are. The best thing to do is if you start to fall for them, is to step back a bit and reduce contact.

ReputationRep:
    I'm clingy and require a lot of attention so I guess you could say that makes me easily attach onto people ESPECIALLY if they provide me with the attention I need. Then they'll stop for a little while and my whole world just falls apart. And they'll give it to me again and its just a cycle that is actually quite unhealthy. I rely on other peoples attention to self validate myself and boost my self esteem. I need to learn to rely on myself. I need to become attached to my reflection.

(Original post by bluemadhatter)
    I'm clingy and require a lot of attention so I guess you could say that makes me easily attach onto people ESPECIALLY if they provide me with the attention I need. Then they'll stop for a little while and my whole world just falls apart. And they'll give it to me again and its just a cycle that is actually quite unhealthy. I rely on other peoples attention to self validate myself and boost my self esteem. I need to learn to rely on myself. I need to become attached to my reflection.
    this is me so much

ReputationRep:
    You can always kiss the mirror , get closer to ur reflection

nom sayin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    You can always kiss the mirror , get closer to ur reflection

nom sayin?
    lipsyncing sassy songs on snapchat helps me love myself

(Original post by UWS)
    Same here, whenever a girl shows me any form of friendliness/kindness I'm already falling for her.

It just might be a psychological thing, it might stem from an inexperience in forming true relationships with people or maybe that's just how you are. The best thing to do is if you start to fall for them, is to step back a bit and reduce contact.
    Yeah its almost attractive when they show friendliness/kindness

ReputationRep:
    lipsyncing sassy songs on snapchat helps me love myself
    Yeah i have the same problem :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

Thank you, I think inexperience could be a possibility and i'll make sure to create a distance when i feel myself getting too attached

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, i am quite glad im not the only person :')

I think this is the most relatable thing i've read on this god forsaken site

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.