Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I missed introduction week, apart from registration. Then I missed the first term week. I suffer with bad anxiety and depression and someone close to me had just commited suicide. I'm also in the process of breaking up my partner or 7 years. I just couldn't handle it all. And after thinking people have clicked with each other on introduction weak, it made me feel useless and an outsider, as usual. I'm going to start this week properly and give it my commitment. I just feel a little lost, and clueless. Also, I'm scared that I will look like a loner. I love the course I'm on and the job I want to get out of it, hopefully. I did go to a few big hall lectures in the first week, but was on my own. Should I join some groups iff I feel left out by class mates? I don't know who to go to, to talk to them about this and if they feel I'm not commited. Just feel lost about everything at the moment, any advice please? Thank you if you read all this.
    P.s: my phone keeps freezing. So probably a lot of grammar and such mistakes, sorry

ReputationRep:
    You're not alone!
    People go through similar trouble daily. It doesn't matter at all if you weren't there the first couple of weeks - if you're a social person you should get friends easily.
    Sadly there's nothing you can do about that suicide. Hopefully it wasnt your family.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Forest_Lioness)
    I missed introduction week, apart from registration. Then I missed the first term week. I suffer with bad anxiety and depression and someone close to me had just commited suicide. I'm also in the process of breaking up my partner or 7 years. I just couldn't handle it all. And after thinking people have clicked with each other on introduction weak, it made me feel useless and an outsider, as usual. I'm going to start this week properly and give it my commitment. I just feel a little lost, and clueless. Also, I'm scared that I will look like a loner. I love the course I'm on and the job I want to get out of it, hopefully. I did go to a few big hall lectures in the first week, but was on my own. Should I join some groups iff I feel left out by class mates? I don't know who to go to, to talk to them about this and if they feel I'm not commited. Just feel lost about everything at the moment, any advice please? Thank you if you read all this.
    P.s: my phone keeps freezing. So probably a lot of grammar and such mistakes, sorry
    Are you in uni accommodation or commuting?
    Sit next to people smile, be sociable and introduce yourself. People wills till be open to being sociable. Lkeep out the anxiety and depression. You ahev a fresh start and nobody knows you .

Get your mental health issues addressed so it doesnt hamper your studies and social life. I woulnt mention the suicide(exept to the counselor).

You will get people on your tutorial group who you cna get to know.
    Go and pick some people sit near them and introduce yourself.
    You will need to persevere, be patient and you will soon get to know people. Keep smiling, but not like a loon.

Dont forget societies you should join as its easier to make friends there. Once you have a couple then eat together or go for a drink and slowly you will gather a group of friends. Its like school.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.