Best way to prepare for medicine interview?

Watch this thread
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How have successful medicine applicants prepared for their interviews in the past? There's a grammar school near to me that offers oxbridge/ medicine mock interviews and courses, are these highly recommended?
Going_To_California
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
I never did any courses, but I think mock interviews are really useful, so if there are people you can get to interview you, e.g. tutors, I'd do that as much as possible.

I bought this book -https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/19058120...EGPWV6K8CPPB4S
and found it pretty useful, as I felt quite overwhelmed by the range of questions that could be asked. There are Qs in there you're much more likely to be asked at some medical schools than at others, but it also gives good answers to the questions you'll likely get everywhere, e.g. why medicine, why not x,y,z. It also gives some advice for different interview formats, e.g. MMI.

At a couple of my interviews, I was asked about health things in the news and opinions on these, so I'd recommend keeping up to date with both the scientific aspect of this and the ethical aspect.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (69)
41.07%
They're exactly what I expected (39)
23.21%