Turn on thread page Beta

edders' campaign for grammatical excellence watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Welcome back
    Hey.
    Come on people, let's have some nominations for another grammar award! Feel free to nominate your own posts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    Hey.
    Come on people, let's have some nominations for another grammar award! Feel free to nominate your own posts!
    I personally feel that some of my own posts in the following thread were quite witty and displayed a competent grasp of spelling, punctuation and grammar, but then I would say that.

http://www.uk-learning.net/t56705.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    This is an excerpt from tis me lord's leaving speech (In which he articulated his opinions on several prominent members excessively). In it, you can clearly see him state that my very presence has the indomitable effect of improving his grammar.

Now, not only is my own spelling and grammar impeccable, but as can be gleamed from the above post, my very being around improves other people's grammar. Now, if that isn't a reason enough for an award, I don't know what is.
    I think this post in itself is worthy of a prize - very articulate and well-expressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    I think this post in itself is worthy of a prize - very articulate and well-expressed.
    I wrote it, didn't I? Articulation is my forte (alongside languid ennui, of course).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    This is an excerpt from tis me lord's leaving speech (In which he articulated his opinions on several prominent members excessively). In it, you can clearly see him state that my very presence has the indomitable effect of improving his grammar.

Now, not only is my own spelling and grammar impeccable, but as can be gleamed from the above post, my very being around improves other people's grammar. Now, if that isn't a reason enough for an award, I don't know what is.
    You know you don't need a capital letter on 'in' in those brackets, don't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    You know you don't need a capital letter on 'in' in those brackets, don't you?
    Quiet, you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    I second that! Mr. White is always very articulate anyway, in terms of content and grammar so he should definitely get the next award.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    I second that! Mr. White is always very articulate anyway, in terms of content and grammar so he should definitely get the next award.
    I gave it to him already! See the starting post to this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I gave it to him already!
    That's disgusting edders.

ReputationRep:
    That's disgusting edders.
    It's the natural thing to do with good grammarians.

ReputationRep:
    You then owe me hundreds of rep points in back pay; all of my posts are gramatically sound.
    Too bad you spelt grammatically incorrectly.

ReputationRep:
    It's the natural thing to do with good grammarians.
    I think LordH was suggesting it was disgusting because he had just made a mistake in his post as pointed out by MadNatSci

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    I think LordH was suggesting it was disgusting because he had just made a mistake in his post as pointed out by MadNatSci
    haha poor fella.

ReputationRep:
    edders my friend, you're hoping against hope for the majority of users to even have a chance in hell :P

ReputationRep:
    Hey, well done to Mr. White - I was getting embarrassed being the only person with this grammatical excellence acolade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    Hey, well done to Mr. White - I was getting embarrassed being the only person with this grammatical excellence acolade.
    accolade :eek:

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a nice idea, but I don't know what reputation points are good for anyway. :confused:

(Original post by Xulfer)
    It sounds like a nice idea, but I don't know what reputation points are good for anyway. :confused:
    They don't matter, but it would be nice to recieve them for good grammar, it's better then recieving them because they want some in return, or because you asked.

All the rep I have recieved for good posts has been grey, but that's life, I don't mind. Anyway back on topic, I'll try to use good grammar as much as possible; and I don't want rep for it.

ReputationRep:
    Edders is an idiot.

This post is perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enlargedscrotum)
    Edders is an idiot.

This post is perfect.
    Alas, your username seems to be lacking a space.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2004
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.