not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Welcome back
Hey.
Come on people, let's have some nominations for another grammar award! Feel free to nominate your own posts!
musicman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by edders)
Hey.
Come on people, let's have some nominations for another grammar award! Feel free to nominate your own posts!
I personally feel that some of my own posts in the following thread were quite witty and displayed a competent grasp of spelling, punctuation and grammar, but then I would say that.

http://www.uk-learning.net/t56705.html
musicman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
This is an excerpt from tis me lord's leaving speech (In which he articulated his opinions on several prominent members excessively). In it, you can clearly see him state that my very presence has the indomitable effect of improving his grammar.

Now, not only is my own spelling and grammar impeccable, but as can be gleamed from the above post, my very being around improves other people's grammar. Now, if that isn't a reason enough for an award, I don't know what is.
I think this post in itself is worthy of a prize - very articulate and well-expressed.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by musicman)
I think this post in itself is worthy of a prize - very articulate and well-expressed.
I wrote it, didn't I? Articulation is my forte (alongside languid ennui, of course).
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
This is an excerpt from tis me lord's leaving speech (In which he articulated his opinions on several prominent members excessively). In it, you can clearly see him state that my very presence has the indomitable effect of improving his grammar.

Now, not only is my own spelling and grammar impeccable, but as can be gleamed from the above post, my very being around improves other people's grammar. Now, if that isn't a reason enough for an award, I don't know what is.
You know you don't need a capital letter on 'in' in those brackets, don't you?
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
You know you don't need a capital letter on 'in' in those brackets, don't you?
Quiet, you.
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by musicman)
I second that! Mr. White is always very articulate anyway, in terms of content and grammar so he should definitely get the next award.
not1
Rep:
?
(Original post by lilsunflower)
I second that! Mr. White is always very articulate anyway, in terms of content and grammar so he should definitely get the next award.
I gave it to him already! See the starting post to this thread.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I gave it to him already!
That's disgusting edders.
not1
Rep:
?
That's disgusting edders.
It's the natural thing to do with good grammarians.
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You then owe me hundreds of rep points in back pay; all of my posts are gramatically sound.
Too bad you spelt grammatically incorrectly.
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's the natural thing to do with good grammarians.
I think LordH was suggesting it was disgusting because he had just made a mistake in his post as pointed out by MadNatSci
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hihihihi)
I think LordH was suggesting it was disgusting because he had just made a mistake in his post as pointed out by MadNatSci
haha poor fella.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
edders my friend, you're hoping against hope for the majority of users to even have a chance in hell :P
eleenia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey, well done to Mr. White - I was getting embarrassed being the only person with this grammatical excellence acolade.
Bathsheba
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eleenia)
Hey, well done to Mr. White - I was getting embarrassed being the only person with this grammatical excellence acolade.
accolade :eek:
Xulfer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It sounds like a nice idea, but I don't know what reputation points are good for anyway. :confused:
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xulfer)
It sounds like a nice idea, but I don't know what reputation points are good for anyway. :confused:
They don't matter, but it would be nice to recieve them for good grammar, it's better then recieving them because they want some in return, or because you asked.

All the rep I have recieved for good posts has been grey, but that's life, I don't mind. Anyway back on topic, I'll try to use good grammar as much as possible; and I don't want rep for it.
enlargedscrotum
Report 16 years ago
Edders is an idiot.

This post is perfect.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by enlargedscrotum)
Edders is an idiot.

This post is perfect.
Alas, your username seems to be lacking a space.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (31)
20%
No (124)
80%

Watched Threads