Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    Alas, your username seems to be lacking a space.
    unfortunately, a stupid length of username constraint meant I could not fit in the additional character.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathsheba)
    accolade :eek:
    Damn, I checked that on my online dictionary! Boy, if it was for the Advanced Communication Link Analysis and Design Environment!

ReputationRep:
    Feel free to nominate people by posting links to their well-written posts here. Alternatively, simply copy and paste the post the post into your own posting here, stating who it was by and which thread it was in.
    I hope this will be a learning experience for us all
    Spot the writing error by Edders. Hint, it's underlined, coloured Red, and in a bigger size than the other writing.

P.S; If anybody has already spotted this, I sincerely apologise.

ReputationRep:
    Grammar nazism again!

When will people realise that the english languages has roots in myriad different sources? Regional dialect and colloquialism must be taken into account also.

It must be borne in mind that the standardisation of english was purely arbitrary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    Grammar nazism again!

When will people realise that the english languages has roots in myriad different sources? Regional dialect and colloquialism must be taken into account also.

It must be borne in mind that the standardisation of english was purely arbitrary.
    I totally agree with that but who's talking about collquialism? I thought this thread was about bad grammar in it's written form.

(Original post by eleenia)
    I thought this thread was about bad grammar in it's written form.
    *nails on a blackboard*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    I thought this thread was about bad grammar in it's written form.
    Nope it's about edders being a pompous twit.

ReputationRep:
    reminds me of an english teacher.

All you need is english .

So i asked her why, if she had such great english skills was she working in a lower paid job than a window cleaner?

That showed her :P.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2004
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.