edders' campaign for grammatical excellence

Watch
This discussion is closed.
enlargedscrotum
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
Alas, your username seems to be lacking a space.
unfortunately, a stupid length of username constraint meant I could not fit in the additional character.
eleenia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bathsheba)
accolade :eek:
Damn, I checked that on my online dictionary! Boy, if it was for the Advanced Communication Link Analysis and Design Environment!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Feel free to nominate people by posting links to their well-written posts here. Alternatively, simply copy and paste the post the post into your own posting here, stating who it was by and which thread it was in.
I hope this will be a learning experience for us all
Spot the writing error by Edders. Hint, it's underlined, coloured Red, and in a bigger size than the other writing.

P.S; If anybody has already spotted this, I sincerely apologise.
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Grammar nazism again!

When will people realise that the english languages has roots in myriad different sources? Regional dialect and colloquialism must be taken into account also.

It must be borne in mind that the standardisation of english was purely arbitrary.
eleenia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ChemistBoy)
Grammar nazism again!

When will people realise that the english languages has roots in myriad different sources? Regional dialect and colloquialism must be taken into account also.

It must be borne in mind that the standardisation of english was purely arbitrary.
I totally agree with that but who's talking about collquialism? I thought this thread was about bad grammar in it's written form.
crana
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eleenia)
I thought this thread was about bad grammar in it's written form.
*nails on a blackboard*
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eleenia)
I thought this thread was about bad grammar in it's written form.
Nope it's about edders being a pompous twit.
Neas
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
reminds me of an english teacher.

All you need is english .

So i asked her why, if she had such great english skills was she working in a lower paid job than a window cleaner?

That showed her :P.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (31)
20%
No (124)
80%

Watched Threads