Biology

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    the picture quality is awful, I can't see the questions.

ReputationRep:
    Ask your teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halliethestudent)
    x

What is your problem with it? can you explain, tell at least what is this about? if you are able to add attachments, you are also able to give us some informations to help you.*

ReputationRep:
    "An alternative method of dialysis is peritoneal dialysis. In this instead of the blood being cleaned using an artificial membrane outside the Body it is cleaned inside the body. It used the peritoneum , the thin membrane that surround the organs of the abdomen. The peritoneum is well supplied with blood vessels. This membrane has two layers and the space between them is used as a reservoir for the dialysis fluid. The fluid remains in the body for a few hours after which it is drained out and replaced without fresh dialysis fluid. This procedure needs to take place four times a day"

1) explain why the peritoneum is a suitable membrane for dialysis within the body
    2) using the information provided and your own knowledge suggest why peritoneal dialysis needs to take place four times a day whereas haemodialysis only needs to take place three times a week
    3) suggest how the dialysis fluid may be altered to allow more water to be removed from the blood
    4) if peritoneal dialysis is used for long term treatment the peritoneum becomes thickened. Suggest how and why this affects the efficiency of peritoneal dialysis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    Ask your teacher.
    I'm using it to revise for a test we have next week so if I wait for my teacher to give me help it will be too late for me to learn from it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)

What is your problem with it? can you explain, tell at least what is this about? if you are able to add attachments, you are also able to give us some informations to help you.*
    "An alternative method of dialysis is peritoneal dialysis. In this instead of the blood being cleaned using an artificial membrane outside the Body it is cleaned inside the body. It used the peritoneum , the thin membrane that surround the organs of the abdomen. The peritoneum is well supplied with blood vessels. This membrane has two layers and the space between them is used as a reservoir for the dialysis fluid. The fluid remains in the body for a few hours after which it is drained out and replaced without fresh dialysis fluid. This procedure needs to take place four times a day"1) explain why the peritoneum is a suitable membrane for dialysis within the body 2) using the information provided and your own knowledge suggest why peritoneal dialysis needs to take place four times a day whereas haemodialysis only needs to take place three times a week3) suggest how the dialysis fluid may be altered to allow more water to be removed from the blood4) if peritoneal dialysis is used for long term treatment the peritoneum becomes thickened. Suggest how and why this affects the efficiency of peritoneal dialysis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnowledgeIsBest)
    the picture quality is awful, I can't see the questions.
    "An alternative method of dialysis is peritoneal dialysis. In this instead of the blood being cleaned using an artificial membrane outside the Body it is cleaned inside the body. It used the peritoneum , the thin membrane that surround the organs of the abdomen. The peritoneum is well supplied with blood vessels. This membrane has two layers and the space between them is used as a reservoir for the dialysis fluid. The fluid remains in the body for a few hours after which it is drained out and replaced without fresh dialysis fluid. This procedure needs to take place four times a day"1) explain why the peritoneum is a suitable membrane for dialysis within the body 2) using the information provided and your own knowledge suggest why peritoneal dialysis needs to take place four times a day whereas haemodialysis only needs to take place three times a week3) suggest how the dialysis fluid may be altered to allow more water to be removed from the blood4) if peritoneal dialysis is used for long term treatment the peritoneum becomes thickened. Suggest how and why this affects the efficiency of peritoneal dialysis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halliethestudent)
    I'm using it to revise for a test we have next week so if I wait for my teacher to give me help it will be too late for me to learn from it
    Go sooner than the lesson.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think sex education should be compulsory in schools?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.