Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Will student finance pay me after i registered?

ReputationRep:
    I am going to register at my uni on Monday. When will i get my money?

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackSweetness)
    yes
    Will i get them the same day i registered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterHorvath)
    I am going to register at my uni on Monday. When will i get my money?
    3 things are needed on the student finance system to release your payment*

1. Application needs to be approved
    2. You need to of sent in your declaration page and for it to be processed
    3. Your university needs to *send confirmation of registration to student finance*

You should phone up student finance and ask if those three points have been met. If they have all been met then you will get your payment on the scheduled date *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    3 things are needed on the student finance system to release your payment*

1. Application needs to be approved
    2. You need to of sent in your declaration page and for it to be processed
    3. Your university needs to *send confirmation of registration to student finance*

You should phone up student finance and ask if those three points have been met. If they have all been met then you will get your payment on the scheduled date *
    Everything except the third step has been done. I am going to register on MONDAY but i need to know what day i will get the money.

ReputationRep:
    Everything except the third step has been done. I am going to register on MONDAY but i need to know what day i will get the money.

It take 24-48 hours for it to show on the student finance system once the university has sent over confirmation of registration and then 3-5 working days to pay you*

ReputationRep:
    Probably either Friday or more likely the beginning of the following week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    It take 24-48 hours for it to show on the student finance system once the university has sent over confirmation of registration and then 3-5 working days to pay you*

Oh dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexS101)
    Probably either Friday or more likely the beginning of the following week
    The beginning of next week? that is crazy!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear
    that's just the maximum timescales ! I have heard stories from students where the university confirmed reg and the student was paid the very next day.*

You just need to be prepared to wait for the maximum timescales - 24-48 hours for it to show then 3-5 working days to pay*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    that's just the maximum timescales ! I have heard stories from students where the university confirmed reg and the student was paid the very next day.*

You just need to be prepared to wait for the maximum timescales - 24-48 hours for it to show then 3-5 working days to pay*
    So i should get it by next weeks Friday?

ReputationRep:
    So i should get it by next weeks Friday?
    if they send confirmation of your registration to student finance on Monday 3rd and IF:

1. Your scheduled payment date is the 12th of October or before
    2. Your application is approved
    3. Your declaration has been processed
    4. Your payments are not blocked

Then you will get your payments by the 12th October (max timescale)**

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    if they send confirmation of your registration to student finance on Monday 3rd and IF:

1. Your scheduled payment date is the 12th of October or before
    2. Your application is approved
    3. Your declaration has been processed
    4. Your payments are not blocked

Then you will get your payments by the 12th October (max timescale)**
    My schedule payment is supposed to be today! i am going to register at 8 o'clock in the morning. What is the shortest timescale? this makes me feel very uneasy.

ReputationRep:
    My schedule payment is supposed to be today! i am going to register at 8 o'clock in the morning. What is the shortest timescale? this makes me feel very uneasy.
    Shortest timescale is 4th October (If the 4 points above are met and they actually have sent it to student finance on the 3rd)

Longest timescale is 12th October (If the 4 points above are met and they actually have sent it to student finance)

You might be registering Monday but they might not even send it to student finance Monday, they might have a set date of when they send it for all students. You really need to speak with your university and make sure they 100% are sending it to SFE Monday

cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    Shortest timescale is 4th October (If the 4 points above are met and they actually have sent it to student finance on the 3rd)

Longest timescale is 12th October (If the 4 points above are met and they actually have sent it to student finance)

You might be registering Monday but they might not even send it to student finance Monday, they might have a set date of when they send it for all students. You really need to speak with your university and make sure they 100% are sending it to SFE Monday

cheers
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    your welcome, if you need any further help then just ask!

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.