Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ex has cut me off Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I know what a lot of people are gonna say cause i would say the same thing - "your ex doesn't need to keep in contact with you, he's moving on and you should let him". I get that 100%.

However, I'll set the story. Basically me and my ex were friends way before we got together... at one point he was actually my best friend. Anyway the start on summer this year, things started to get more serious and we decided to get together. This was like the happiest day of my life cause I thought things could only get better from here. Hahaha how wrong I was. You'd think this guy would carry on putting the same effort into our relationship but no... it was awful. I only got to see him once a week (for a few hours), he never spent any money on me (it was always me paying for food). He never wanted to meet my family or go to my house or anything! Because i can drive it was always me driving to his house and he always gave me a time to leave. If he said i had to go at 7pm.. dead on 7pm he basically kicked me out. It wasn't all bad thou, he did have moments but the more i think of it.... he did make me cry a lot.

He was always just so chill about everything, always did things for himself. It really confused me because he made more effort with me when we were just friends :/ I remember this one time I went to his house and I sat on his bed and the whole time he was on his computer... like i could of been invisible. Anyway at this point I had doubts about the relationship obviously, especially because he was going to uni in September. Fyi that never scared me before things got bad because I was so happy and i really believed he cared.

So, a few months later we had a talk and we both decided we should end things at the end of summer. I told him we could have a last day of going for a night out and then say bye. On this night it started off bad because he cancelled coming for pre drinks with me. so instead he went to town to meet up with his friend (cause we were also celebrating his birthday - btw it was with a group so he wouldn't be alone). That really upset me, so the whole night when we were out.. i was quite distant. few hours past and we talked again (this was the breakup speech). I was so mad because the only time he even suggested maybe giving long distance a try was when i was breaking up. I told him no, i've been upset for a long time and i'm putting myself first. He then said can we get pizza? Which was an absolute joke because all he can think about is food when i'm crying my eyes out.

Anyway, after the breakup things went back to being just friends. he even rang me like every day which i was quite shocked about. I was seriously considering getting back together, especially because he invited me to visit. But then.... it all stopped... completely. One day he just didn't reply back to my messages or anything. I rang him a few days after and he was drunk :/ said he was just busy and I was like okay fair enough. But now it's been a month and nothing! i really wanted to be his friend still and it's sad he's cut me off. He even suggested staying in contact so what happened? People say you can never be friends with your ex but we never had sex, we literally just kissed.. which was also a weird thing cause he never seemed that bothered about it. Told me he never wants to do it with his dad in the house. so that was that. But yeah, any ideas to why he's cut me off?

sorry this is so long!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hes gay af
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps he just needs the space right now. You went from friends to dating to exs in a short space of time, so perhaps it would be best for both of you to get some headspace for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosesAreRed1)
    hes gay af
    I was thinking the same thing..
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by hannsworld)
    Okay, so I know what a lot of people are gonna say cause i would say the same thing - "your ex doesn't need to keep in contact with you, he's moving on and you should let him". I get that 100%.

However, I'll set the story. Basically me and my ex were friends way before we got together... at one point he was actually my best friend. Anyway the start on summer this year, things started to get more serious and we decided to get together. This was like the happiest day of my life cause I thought things could only get better from here. Hahaha how wrong I was. You'd think this guy would carry on putting the same effort into our relationship but no... it was awful. I only got to see him once a week (for a few hours), he never spent any money on me (it was always me paying for food). He never wanted to meet my family or go to my house or anything! Because i can drive it was always me driving to his house and he always gave me a time to leave. If he said i had to go at 7pm.. dead on 7pm he basically kicked me out. It wasn't all bad thou, he did have moments but the more i think of it.... he did make me cry a lot.

He was always just so chill about everything, always did things for himself. It really confused me because he made more effort with me when we were just friends :/ I remember this one time I went to his house and I sat on his bed and the whole time he was on his computer... like i could of been invisible. Anyway at this point I had doubts about the relationship obviously, especially because he was going to uni in September. Fyi that never scared me before things got bad because I was so happy and i really believed he cared.

So, a few months later we had a talk and we both decided we should end things at the end of summer. I told him we could have a last day of going for a night out and then say bye. On this night it started off bad because he cancelled coming for pre drinks with me. so instead he went to town to meet up with his friend (cause we were also celebrating his birthday - btw it was with a group so he wouldn't be alone). That really upset me, so the whole night when we were out.. i was quite distant. few hours past and we talked again (this was the breakup speech). I was so mad because the only time he even suggested maybe giving long distance a try was when i was breaking up. I told him no, i've been upset for a long time and i'm putting myself first. He then said can we get pizza? Which was an absolute joke because all he can think about is food when i'm crying my eyes out.

Anyway, after the breakup things went back to being just friends. he even rang me like every day which i was quite shocked about. I was seriously considering getting back together, especially because he invited me to visit. But then.... it all stopped... completely. One day he just didn't reply back to my messages or anything. I rang him a few days after and he was drunk :/ said he was just busy and I was like okay fair enough. But now it's been a month and nothing! i really wanted to be his friend still and it's sad he's cut me off. He even suggested staying in contact so what happened? People say you can never be friends with your ex but we never had sex, we literally just kissed.. which was also a weird thing cause he never seemed that bothered about it. Told me he never wants to do it with his dad in the house. so that was that. But yeah, any ideas to why he's cut me off?

sorry this is so long!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

All that... what a let down.

So what points?

He made a rubbish bf and you dodged a bullet.
    He didnt treat you well.
    He is going to Uni for a new life.

Let him go and forget about him.
    Best to let some time pass. You might be friends in future who knows, but now you have the ex bf gf to get in the way.

He's moved on and so should you.

ReputationRep:
    This is what happened to me, I've tried to reach out to him but he hasn't responded. So im guessing he doesn't want to be friends anymore. So just move on like I have
    • Very Important Poster

You should be happy they have stopped communicating its the fastest way to resolve things.

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately, it doesn't matter. He's your ex. Don't question what he's doing, just live your life and find someone better and who's willing to put an effort into the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I completely get what you mean me and my ex (he moved country) promised and swore on our lives that we'd stay in contact with each other and we did at first and gradually over the past year we spoke less and less until he got a new girlfriend and then we stopped speaking Until he came home to visit in August. And honestly not talking to him ripped me apart because he was my life even after we broke up and not talking to him made me realise we weren't in each other's lives anymore and that it was done and that we weren't the people making each other happy anymore but you just have to accept it and move on because if you don't it'll drag you don't into places you don't want to go and you'll struggle to come back feom( I know) so please please please accept it for what it is before it's too late

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.