_wsburn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I'm due to send off my ucas application before 15th oct and I'm applying for Biochemistry at Oxford,York and Warwick.

However I'm also planning to apply for Natural Sciences (Joint Honours Biology and Chemistry) and MBiol Biosciences at Durham.

There is a lot of overlap between the nat sci course and biochemistry (biosciences less so), but I am not sure whether I'll be damaging my chances by using the same biochemistry personal statement?

I gather that you can send a substitute personal statement and I'm not sure whether this is possible for TWO courses at Durham. Furthermore, I believe that other than substituting the word 'Biochemistry' out- the personal statement will be almost identical.

Any advice would be really appreciated!
x
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _wsburn)
Hi,

I'm due to send off my ucas application before 15th oct and I'm applying for Biochemistry at Oxford,York and Warwick.

However I'm also planning to apply for Natural Sciences (Joint Honours Biology and Chemistry) and MBiol Biosciences at Durham.

There is a lot of overlap between the nat sci course and biochemistry (biosciences less so), but I am not sure whether I'll be damaging my chances by using the same biochemistry personal statement?

I gather that you can send a substitute personal statement and I'm not sure whether this is possible for TWO courses at Durham. Furthermore, I believe that other than substituting the word 'Biochemistry' out- the personal statement will be almost identical.

Any advice would be really appreciated!
x
Unis can see that you have applied to 2 courses at their uni. Combined with the PS on the UCAS form, Durham will know you're not dedicated to the 2nd subject. It would make more sense to apply elsewhere, rather than just wasting your 5th option.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (6)
33.33%
I really love the subject (7)
38.89%