Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Interior Design Portfolio

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey all!
    I'm looking to get into Interior Design at university but one of the entry requirements is to have an interior design portfolio, the problem is I've never worked on any projects for interior design or even studied it before!
    I'm currently a Level 2 Painting and Decorating apprentice and half way through this year I became completely fascinated by interior design and decided this is what I want to get into.

I have around 2 years before I would be looking to apply to uni so I thought it would be a good idea to get started on one now and get a really solid one going but I am looking for some advice on not how to create a portfolio but how to get started in interior design projects when I'm 17 and have no previous experience of it.

Thanks in advance,
    Owen.

ReputationRep:
    Hello 0wenP33bs -

For us at NUA, it doesn't necessarily have to be Interior Design specific - you should find that this is the case at other institutions too but always check with them!

If it helps, we're looking applicants who understand the course and discipline that they are applying for and who can use their portfolio to tell us about the creative practice and journey. We'd like your to demonstrate that geekiness that our staff and students have for their subject; that obsessive passion.

In practice, that means including work that demonstrates that you can think in 2D and 3D; you can show that you understand spatial design and that you have a creative process that works for you. There's lots of ways to show these skills off - you can find out more from our website.

I hope that help and get in touch if you have further questions.
    All the best!
    Lou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norwich University Of The Arts)
    Hello 0wenP33bs -

For us at NUA, it doesn't necessarily have to be Interior Design specific - you should find that this is the case at other institutions too but always check with them!

If it helps, we're looking applicants who understand the course and discipline that they are applying for and who can use their portfolio to tell us about the creative practice and journey. We'd like your to demonstrate that geekiness that our staff and students have for their subject; that obsessive passion.

In practice, that means including work that demonstrates that you can think in 2D and 3D; you can show that you understand spatial design and that you have a creative process that works for you. There's lots of ways to show these skills off - you can find out more from our website.

I hope that help and get in touch if you have further questions.
    All the best!
    Lou
    Thank you for the reply and advice, I really appreciate the help! I will definitely look into NUA - Thank you for clearing up some of my confusion!

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.