Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I started year 12 not too long ago and I decided to do Mathematics, Accounting, Physics AS/A2 and BTEC Business. I'll probably be keeping all 4 subjects going into year 13. I originally wanted to do Further Maths instead of Business but my sixth form didn't have enough people wanting to do Further Maths A level so I couldn't. My problem is that I want to do Mathematics at the University of Warwick and when I looked at the requirements for the courses I saw that I needed Further Maths A level at A*. I was wondering if there is any way to still do Mathematics at the University of Warwick without having to do Further Maths or is there some way I can do Further maths too. I'm getting really worried because Maths is my favourite subject and I really want to go to a good university that is quite well known for its Mathematics courses but without being able to do Further Maths I cannot find a single good university that is relatively close to me and is actually good. I honestly don't know what to do...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frostxx1)
    So I started year 12 not too long ago and I decided to do Mathematics, Accounting, Physics AS/A2 and BTEC Business. I'll probably be keeping all 4 subjects going into year 13. I originally wanted to do Further Maths instead of Business but my sixth form didn't have enough people wanting to do Further Maths A level so I couldn't. My problem is that I want to do Mathematics at the University of Warwick and when I looked at the requirements for the courses I saw that I needed Further Maths A level at A*. I was wondering if there is any way to still do Mathematics at the University of Warwick without having to do Further Maths or is there some way I can do Further maths too. I'm getting really worried because Maths is my favourite subject and I really want to go to a good university that is quite well known for its Mathematics courses but without being able to do Further Maths I cannot find a single good university that is relatively close to me and is actually good. I honestly don't know what to do...
    Perhaps you can drop business and self study FM? Not ideal I know, but will really help (in terms of opening up unis that you can apply to, not just Warwick, plus your maths ability plus getting more of an idea of whether maths at uni is for you though at A-level even FM doesn't give you a great taste of it)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Moved to University of Warwick where you are more likely to get answers from students there.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people self-stufy FM but also make sure it's in your PS that you couldn't take it in school despite wanting to. You could self-teach and then take the exam elsewhere as an external candidate. Definitely contact Warwick admissions and ask them what they would recommend you do in this situation (also any other unis you're interested in).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.