The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So I'm Brit Pakistani and my parents would like me to marry a Pakistani guy but the thing is I have never been attracted to them. All my crushes from school to uni have been non-Pakistani men.

For me Pakistani men fall into 2 categories. Either they're loud,arrogant, show off and gangster wannabes with rubbish fashion sense or they freaking hypocrites. I hate their attitude towards women. Most of these men sleep around and get drunk yet they expect to marry a pure Virgin good girl that wears a hijab. Also, many believe a woman's place is in the kitchen and should not been given much freedom. I'm not talking about freshies here, but born and bred Brit ones. I have lots of male friends and they all think like that. I abhor they attitude towards white women as if they're a piece of meat. Recently, my cousin said White girls are the 3 F's:find them, f them, then F off. I was disgusted.

I feel guilty and bad mainly because it feel like I'm generalising but this is my experience of them though I'm sure they are some nice ones there. Anyway it's what my parents want for me. Also, they'd never allow me to marry a non-Pakistani guy even if he was Muslim. They really strict when it comes to this.

But I've tried for my parents said but I've never really been attracted to Pakistani men. Something just always turns me off about them. What to do?:/

im also muslim and of asian ethnicity, you say your muslim...
now i understand that most asian men are like this...and iwont defend them.
unfrotunately this is the reality, due to the media and objectification of women in our society..music,ect,
therefore the soloution might be to:
1-pray to allah for a way out of this... truly he is the most merciful...most understanding..BUT...this isnt for you if you`re muslim just because ur parent are.

2-explain the situation to your parents...remind them that no arab is better than a non arab in islam...likewise no pakistani is better than a non-pakistani-EXCEPT in terms of their faith (this links with the first as you then ask allah for a way out). Then say that coz we`re made in pairs... whether he`s brown or not is preordained.

also remember that whoever you marry- allah will make them as you, yourself are. so if you are kind, faithful, loving,compassionate, he will be the same.
remember this with your chastity also.
in other words he will have the same personality or character as you have

im a muslim male and i understand these things...i respect women, as i have four sisters, so i understand them a bit better.
thereore i you want to PM me i will reply to ur (future) reply and then and there will leave myself unanonymous.
Original post by TheBBQ
Ignore her lol just another east London girl acting tough on the Internet and begs for attention by insulting people all day long

Haha, exactly what I was thinking :tongue:
Original post by Foo.mp3
And people wonder why Pakistani/Muslim have become a thing :erm:

And people wonder why genuine humanitarians object to tolerating the intolerant/intolerable e.g. Islamic ethno-culture :rolleyes:

We can't answer that, because we can't tell you to break free from your repressive and retrograde background, in good conscience, because we don't have to face the consequences, you do. It's either that or stay single/compromise :dontknow:

not islamic culture bruv ITS UNislamic culture...or just pakistani culture
else all of us yes ALL 2 BILLION of us would be in `grooming/rape gangs`.
So I'm Brit Pakistani and my parents would like me to marry a Pakistani guy but the thing is I have never been attracted to them. All my crushes from school to uni have been non-Pakistani men.

For me Pakistani men fall into 2 categories. Either they're loud,arrogant, show off and gangster wannabes with rubbish fashion sense or they freaking hypocrites. I hate their attitude towards women. Most of these men sleep around and get drunk yet they expect to marry a pure Virgin good girl that wears a hijab. Also, many believe a woman's place is in the kitchen and should not been given much freedom. I'm not talking about freshies here, but born and bred Brit ones. I have lots of male friends and they all think like that. I abhor they attitude towards white women as if they're a piece of meat. Recently, my cousin said White girls are the 3 F's:find them, f them, then F off. I was disgusted.

I feel guilty and bad mainly because it feel like I'm generalising but this is my experience of them though I'm sure they are some nice ones there. Anyway it's what my parents want for me. Also, they'd never allow me to marry a non-Pakistani guy even if he was Muslim. They really strict when it comes to this.

But I've tried for my parents said but I've never really been attracted to Pakistani men. Something just always turns me off about them. What to do?:/

Wallahi OP I understand yours situation. My best advice would be to ask your brother to speak with the guy that your parents are interested in if you have an elder brother. May be by interviewing him, your brother might found whether he's suitable for you or not. I know that most of the girls have a perception that most brit pakistani boys have no dignity for women, but there are some with the heart of gold too!
Good luck!
Original post by asif007
Haha, exactly what I was thinking :tongue:

It sounds like you insulted her first... Maybe not in this thread, sure but previously. This instills a lot of confidence in you...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4382122&p=68279488&page=10#post68279488
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The_Internet
It sounds like you insulted her first... Maybe not in this thread, sure but previously. This instills a lot of confidence in you...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4382122&p=68279488&page=10#post68279488

IDGAF any more. Why are you still pushing it?
Original post by Allie4
try finding yourself a white convert muslim guy before your parents find you someone

looooooooool this made me laugh idk why
Reply 87
Just saying, Pakistani men are supposedly the worlds 3rd sexiest men
Original post by ZAYN.
Just saying, Pakistani men are supposedly the worlds 3rd sexiest men

Oh please get over it. A picture of Zayn Malik was used to represent Pakistani men, who I may add is half white himself.

And guess who topped sexiest women? Yes Armenian women thanks to Kim kardashisn.
Reply 89
Oh please get over it. A picture of Zayn Malik was used to represent Pakistani men, who I may add is half white himself.

And guess who topped sexiest women? Yes Armenian women thanks to Kim kardashisn.

Zayn Malik was used to represent Black History Month actually
Reply 90

Plus for the record I wasn't talking about just Zayn there's loads of guys. As Zayn would put it "Your'e looking in the wrong place for my love - wRoNg"
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Aight, someone who's kind, caring, warming, encouraging, supporting, positive, trustworthy, respecting, and just all around amazing.
Looks wise, hazel/blue eyes, not too much muscle, a sharp cheekbone if possible, nice hair, just not dreads, not my preference, I'm pretty open really as long as they have a good personality :biggrin:

cheekbone? lol

and what do you reckon would I look like with dreads? :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

I COMPLETELY GET YOU!! and I don't feel guilty, because you are justified. Honestly it is what it is, it's not you. They really are awful.

Well guess what, I don't care if you re Asian, it's still your life and you should do whatever you want to do. If you are an adult it is your right. Get your head around this, f your family, and marry who you want okay??? If your family are going to be c***s they are not worth it.
Oh hell to the naw, how's this thread not deleted yet? My thread got deleted because I mentioned that I didn't like the smell of curry...and this one gets a pass? Wow.
Reply 94
Original post by xobeauty
Oh hell to the naw, how's this thread not deleted yet? My thread got deleted because I mentioned that I didn't like the smell of curry...and this one gets a pass? Wow.

hahaa
Reply 95
im a brit pakistani male and trust me do not marry one of us unless it's me
Reply 96
Original post by okey
im a brit pakistani male and trust me do not marry one of us unless it's me

thats one way to pick them up. Also that pic though.. You might attract some girls with that
Original post by 0to100
cheekbone? lol

and what do you reckon would I look like with dreads? :biggrin:

Lol I meant jawbone 😂
No idea 😳
Your back again ☺️👌🏼
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Lol I meant jawbone 😂
No idea 😳
Your back again ☺️👌🏼

ohhh jawbone makes more sense :rofl:

nice to see ya, but what're you doing on now, normally you're gone at this time