The Student Room Group

Why would he tell me this?

There's a guy who I'm good friends with, that I like, but as far as I know he's not interested.

We were talking online tonight, and he was just telling me about a girl he met at uni who happened to be from the same town as him. He was saying that they were going to meet up tomorrow and I said oh cool and then we just talked about other stuff.

Then later on he just randomly said 'But that girl before was funny, so that was cool. She wasn't at all my type, but she was nice'.

It just seemed a bit strange to be telling me she 'wasn't his type'..

Does it sound like he fancies her/he's trying to reassure me or something, or am I reading into it too much?
Reply 1
Sounds like he's just telling you what he thought of her. But it looks like you like him more than a friend right?
If he's at uni and you're not I'm sorry to break it to you but he's probably not even considering you as anything more as a friend. , especially when he's starting a new life and meeting so many new people. He's probably just confiding in you about him thoughts and feelings towards this girl because there's nobody at uni yet that he knows well enough to confide in about stuff like that where as you're someone he knows and feels a familiarity towards

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're reading too much into it, he was just telling you what he thought about her
It could be a variety of reasons. I wouldnt be bothering yourself about any of them. You are reading too much in. Quite often boys just say things not though any grand strategy, but becayse they are obvlivious to anyone or anything but themselves and their musings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending