Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Speed camera Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The camera flashed twice at me. I was going 43 in a 40. I'm unsure what to do as a sign below the camera read "camera not in use". Has anyone got any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackw77)
    The camera flashed twice at me. I was going 43 in a 40. I'm unsure what to do as a sign below the camera read "camera not in use". Has anyone got any advice?
    You'll be fine, they also don't prosecute if you're below the speed limit +10% (in your case, 44mph)

ReputationRep:
    If it flashed you then id be expecting a speeding ticket im afraid.
    It may say not in use but they could put that there to see if people speed (like a trick).
    But if youre speeding(even by 1mph) you can get done for speeding.
    The 10% rule is applied at the officers discretion.
    Speed cameras im not so sure apply that so just.
    Sorry to say that but id expect a ticket within the next 2 weeks (if not then youre all clear).
    And make sure not to speed in the future.

ReputationRep:
    It might be worth checking your car's speedo's calibration. You could have been higher over the speed limit and it just wasn't showing up (it's more common than most people seem to think)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.