Can I get any funding for studying abroad?

    • Thread Starter

    I want to become an equine dental technician (horse dentist) and the best way of doing so is studying an intensive 1 month course at an American private school.
    It would work out about £7,000 for everything I'd need.
    Is there any way I could get a sort of loan or grant for this, as I really wanted to qualify to do it as soon as possible so I could start building up case studies for the UK test afterwards whilst paying it back rather than save up doing a crappy job as I'm doing now that just about pays my way... Sorry I'm 18, in my last year of college and I'm not too sure how it all works

    Thank you

    Not from the uk government, sorry.
    • Thread Starter

    Ah, thank you !
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.