Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Neighbours Cat Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My neighbours have a pet cat that for the past few months now they do not let in their house, they leave him outside day and night and he has now started coming round to my mother and my house I know they don't let it in all day and night because it will be at our door at 8am in the morning until 10pm at night, whenever we leave a door/window open he comes in our house and in the middle of the night I can hear him meowing and sounding rather horrific outside my window (proabably fighting with foxes etc) It's a very odd and confusing situation as I find the situation very sad and horrible of my neighbours to do this to the poor animal, anyway we have allowed it in a couple of times but as I have major cat allergy we really cannot look after this cat plus it's not our responibility either, also the neighbours child I'll hear her calling the cats name but I don't think the parents let it into the house for some reason? it's all a bit odd, anyway I really don't know what to do as I feel so sorry for this animal who is currently at 2 am in the morning meowing and crying outside my bedroom window I know cats can live up to 15 years so I really don't know what is going on plus I wish they would find a home for him rather than being horrible irresponsible people and just abandoning their pet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samanthajones12)
    My neighbours have a pet cat that for the past few months now they do not let in their house, they leave him outside day and night and he has now started coming round to my mother and my house I know they don't let it in all day and night because it will be at our door at 8am in the morning until 10pm at night, whenever we leave a door/window open he comes in our house and in the middle of the night I can hear him meowing and sounding rather horrific outside my window (proabably fighting with foxes etc) It's a very odd and confusing situation as I find the situation very sad and horrible of my neighbours to do this to the poor animal, anyway we have allowed it in a couple of times but as I have major cat allergy we really cannot look after this cat plus it's not our responibility either, also the neighbours child I'll hear her calling the cats name but I don't think the parents let it into the house for some reason? it's all a bit odd, anyway I really don't know what to do as I feel so sorry for this animal who is currently at 2 am in the morning meowing and crying outside my bedroom window I know cats can live up to 15 years so I really don't know what is going on plus I wish they would find a home for him rather than being horrible irresponsible people and just abandoning their pet!
    Hi - firstly find out for sure whether they are looking after it etc. Go round with your parents.
    If they really aren't looking after it, then contact a pet rescue - for example RSPCA (not the best charity /but/ they can do home checks if you are concerned). Best to know for sure as they may be encouraging it to stay outside - if they're feeding it etc then being outside is often fine. So check first if you can, then call an agency.

ReputationRep:
    Yes call up the rspca and report the situation. Is the cat fed by your neighbours? Do they leave out Cat Food in their garden or does it have to fend for itself like a Wild Cat ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.