The Student Room Group

Study about objectification -- in need of participants ages 18 to 25! Enter raffle!

18 to 25 year olds needed for online study about objectification and self-esteem

Hi! I am a Ph.D. candidate and I’m asking you to please participate in my dissertation research. This study is designed to help us better understand how people’s experiences when they were young interact with social pressures to impact how they think about themselves.

This study includes writing about four memories from when you were young, describing yourself, and filling out a series of brief questionnaires. It takes about 30 (up to 40) minutes.

If you participate you can enter a raffle to win one of four Amazon $50 gift cards. And you may find the study interesting!

You are eligible to participate if: you are between the ages of 18 and 25 AND you had regular contact, at least until the age of 13, with two parents or other parental figures.

You will provide information that may help clinical psychologists understand how objectifying messages are maintained in society and how individuals can better be protected from their influence.Your identity as a participant will remain confidential.

To participate, go to:https://survey.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ezhSFWe7wt9H2dv

This study is approved by the Long Island University IRB.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending