Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Im applying for postgraduate loan with sfe
    Ive got to send in evidence. I wasnt born here, but have been here 15 years.
    I have indefinite leave to remain which is in my passport but my passport has expired. I have also got a letter from the home office from a few years ago stating ive got indefinite leave to remain and the date applied etc.
    This is all the ID i have:
    - my original non uk birth certificate
    - provisional driving licence
    - indefinite leave to remain in an exoired passport
    - an expired passport
    - various letters confirming that ive been here 15 years and never left
    - letter from my mp at the time via the home office stating that i have indefinite leave to remain

    Will you accept any of these?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    We will accept the following as evidence:
    • an original Non-UK Passport with either a Home Office letter or Immigration Status Document
    • a Biometric Residence Permit card
    • a Certificate of Naturalisation
    • a Certificate of Registration (must be the original)
    • a Home Office Travel Document
    If you do not have any of these you can send non standard evidence such as:

    Orig UK Driving License with
    -Orig Immigration Status Document (ISD) or Orig Letter from the Home Office (Confirming Immigration Status)

    and 2 of the following:

    -photocopy of national insurance card
    -photocopy bank statement
    -photocopy of tax credit award notice


University open days

  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.