The Student Room Group

How to revise A2 and AS Chemistry?

I am a prospective medic who struggles with Chem

I got a D in my AS mock but I got an A at gcse so Im predicted an A in A2. Im doing a linear qualification so all my exams are at the end of two years/

Ive read the chemrevise.org notes but I still dont do great

As I am doing a new spec there aren't any past papers...

I would really appreciate some advice on how to bring my grade up to an A and keep ally my AS and A2 stuff 'spinning' at the same time

(btw my exam board is AQA)
Original post by This is now my username
I am a prospective medic who struggles with Chem

I got a D in my AS mock but I got an A at gcse so Im predicted an A in A2. Im doing a linear qualification so all my exams are at the end of two years/

Ive read the chemrevise.org notes but I still dont do great

As I am doing a new spec there aren't any past papers...

I would really appreciate some advice on how to bring my grade up to an A and keep ally my AS and A2 stuff 'spinning' at the same time

(btw my exam board is AQA)

Which part do you struggle with, the understanding bit or the memorising part? In my opinion, doing exam questions or questions in general can be helpful to understand topics further. Also, exam technique is crucial as they look for certain wording in the mark scheme. Although there aren't many new papers, you could practise from the previous years. The content hasn't changed dramatically, and if you want practise of the multiple choice, I'm sure AQA has some new spec sheets for it (I'm doing OCR and they have it, so I'm assuming AQA has it :smile:). Just revise everything basically, and if you don't understand anything, ask your teacher. I'm wondering how you got a target of an A grade? Was it a bad day? because although you got an A at GCSE, a D to an A is a big jump, especially when you have A2 material to learn.
Reply 2
Original post by Ze Witcher
Which part do you struggle with, the understanding bit or the memorising part? In my opinion, doing exam questions or questions in general can be helpful to understand topics further. Also, exam technique is crucial as they look for certain wording in the mark scheme. Although there aren't many new papers, you could practise from the previous years. The content hasn't changed dramatically, and if you want practise of the multiple choice, I'm sure AQA has some new spec sheets for it (I'm doing OCR and they have it, so I'm assuming AQA has it :smile:). Just revise everything basically, and if you don't understand anything, ask your teacher. I'm wondering how you got a target of an A grade? Was it a bad day? because although you got an A at GCSE, a D to an A is a big jump, especially when you have A2 material to learn.

The memorising part

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest