This discussion is closed.
paymaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Isn't it annoying how you come up with an original take on a thread, only to find that your reply to a thread gets no responses, and you watch it slip down the page with 'last post x hours ago (name)' marking you out as a thread-killer?

Sorry about the unnecessarily long question. Thinking about it, this post probably doesn't deserve any replies. My alarming ability to do this to a thread is just amusing me at the moment.

My other annoyance (in case you wanted to hear) is coming up with a good thread idea, only to find it hijacked by an argument which has little relevance to your initial posting...

Anywho, bar these two little annoyances, I love this forum. A lot
DazYa
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by paymaster)
Isn't it annoying how you come up with an original take on a thread, only to find that your reply to a thread gets no responses, and you watch it slip down the page with 'last post x hours ago (name)' marking you out as a thread-killer?

Sorry about the unnecessarily long question. Thinking about it, this post probably doesn't deserve any replies. My alarming ability to do this to a thread is just amusing me at the moment.

My other annoyance (in case you wanted to hear) is coming up with a good thread idea, only to find it hijacked by an argument which has little relevance to your initial posting...

Anywho, bar these two little annoyances, I love this forum. A lot
I think the word you're looking for is " thread hijackers "
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
mockery won out over irony here and I had to reply.

haha
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DazYa777)
Uh-oh, i think i've be spotted. *Runs*
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DazYa777)

so thats what I am
Quiksilver
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
so .. is anyone watching the cricket?
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Quiksilver)
lol, come on England, woooo - they avoided the follow on, little do they know that just makes it worse for them, fools, FOOLS!
paymaster
Rep:
?
I would describe the people who make arguments as thread hijackers, taking it away from its initial starting topic, but I think 'thread killers' is an ok term for people who just say something that stops a previously busy thead dead, like crass conversation stoppers.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
danish bacon
paymaster
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quiksilver)
had to be done....
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If a thread gets 'hijacked' then you just have to try your best to steer it back onto your preferred course.
Electric Magic
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by paymaster)
had to be done....
Hey, no-one asked you to join in...! :rolleyes:
InterCity125
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This often happens to me. I give a long and comprehensive post and then there are no more replies. I like to think it is beacuse there is nothing more to say and I have answered the queston fully - but I doubt it :rolleyes:
Musical_shoes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by InterCity125)
This often happens to me. I give a long and comprehensive post and then there are no more replies. I like to think it is beacuse there is nothing more to say and I have answered the queston fully - but I doubt it :rolleyes:
Sorry! Couldn't let you have that!!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (58)
19.27%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
21.26%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.27%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (64)
21.26%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (29)
9.63%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
9.3%

Watched Threads