Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it annoying how you come up with an original take on a thread, only to find that your reply to a thread gets no responses, and you watch it slip down the page with 'last post x hours ago (name)' marking you out as a thread-killer?

Sorry about the unnecessarily long question. Thinking about it, this post probably doesn't deserve any replies. My alarming ability to do this to a thread is just amusing me at the moment.

My other annoyance (in case you wanted to hear) is coming up with a good thread idea, only to find it hijacked by an argument which has little relevance to your initial posting...

Anywho, bar these two little annoyances, I love this forum. A lot

(Original post by paymaster)
    Isn't it annoying how you come up with an original take on a thread, only to find that your reply to a thread gets no responses, and you watch it slip down the page with 'last post x hours ago (name)' marking you out as a thread-killer?

Sorry about the unnecessarily long question. Thinking about it, this post probably doesn't deserve any replies. My alarming ability to do this to a thread is just amusing me at the moment.

My other annoyance (in case you wanted to hear) is coming up with a good thread idea, only to find it hijacked by an argument which has little relevance to your initial posting...

Anywho, bar these two little annoyances, I love this forum. A lot
    I think the word you're looking for is " thread hijackers "
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    mockery won out over irony here and I had to reply.

haha

(Original post by DazYa777)
    Uh-oh, i think i've be spotted. *Runs*
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by DazYa777)

so thats what I am

ReputationRep:
    so .. is anyone watching the cricket?

(Original post by Quiksilver)
    lol, come on England, woooo - they avoided the follow on, little do they know that just makes it worse for them, fools, FOOLS!

ReputationRep:
    I would describe the people who make arguments as thread hijackers, taking it away from its initial starting topic, but I think 'thread killers' is an ok term for people who just say something that stops a previously busy thead dead, like crass conversation stoppers.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    danish bacon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    had to be done....

ReputationRep:
    If a thread gets 'hijacked' then you just have to try your best to steer it back onto your preferred course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paymaster)
    had to be done....
    Hey, no-one asked you to join in...! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    This often happens to me. I give a long and comprehensive post and then there are no more replies. I like to think it is beacuse there is nothing more to say and I have answered the queston fully - but I doubt it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    This often happens to me. I give a long and comprehensive post and then there are no more replies. I like to think it is beacuse there is nothing more to say and I have answered the queston fully - but I doubt it :rolleyes:
    Sorry! Couldn't let you have that!!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.