The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

I have an unconditional offer so will be starting in September! is there a group chat at all?? thanks
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Undergraduate

Course: Aerospace Engineering With Pilot Studies Meng
GCSE grades: A*A*AAAAABCCC
IB predictions: 39 points
IB points: 35 (6 in physics, 5 in maths unfortunately)
Entry requirements: 35 (5 in maths and physics)
Predictions: IB results day is earlier (5th July)
Other choices: First choice Bristol (didn't get in), Nottingham, Sheffield, Swansea. Offers made but I declined.
Original post by ImagineCats
Anyone else got the "welcome week is in 9 weeks" e-mail??? Reckon I'm reading too much into this lol

Yeah I got this email as well, just got my accommodation sorted out, need to pay £150 booking fee.
Original post by Squittyjellie
Yeah I got this email as well, just got my accommodation sorted out, need to pay £150 booking fee.

I've just paid my accommodation booking fee! Where are you staying?
Original post by NKSSSSS09
I've just paid my accommodation booking fee! Where are you staying?

Melville Grove, and you?
Melville Grove, and you?

philharmonic!

Are you unconditional? Applied for accom in march and haven't heard anything...
I've made a new group chat on Facebook. Who wants to be on?
Are you unconditional? Applied for accom in march and haven't heard anything...

I am conditional. But I was doing IB instead of A levels so I got my results earlier. I applied for accommodation in mid july, got an offer a week later. I guess they make offers to unconditional students first and also those who met the offers.
Original post by Larry95
I've made a new group chat on Facebook. Who wants to be on?

go on
Original post by NKSSSSS09
go on

PM me your Facebook link and I'll add you on.
Guys have any of you heard anything about accom yet? My offer was conditional, but I've seen some people saying they've already paid their deposit but didn't state if they were unconditional/conditional. I understand if we've got to wait until results, but if I'm missing out on my first choice accom (Melville) then jfc...
Guys have any of you heard anything about accom yet? My offer was conditional, but I've seen some people saying they've already paid their deposit but didn't state if they were unconditional/conditional. I understand if we've got to wait until results, but if I'm missing out on my first choice accom (Melville) then jfc...

By the looks of it, those who have unconditionals or have the IB results have heard about their accommodation. So we'll need to wait until after results day.
Original post by kaytaylou
Hey I applied last year, so hopefully I can help.
Hardly anyone gets their first choice at Liverpool to be honest the way they do the accommodation is stupid. My first choice was Crown, I applied really early but only had a conditional. I ended up with Vine Court catered, the most expensive room that wasn't any of my choices.

Most people who applied for on campus halls, the vast majority end up in Carnatic or greenbank, because the off campus halls aren't particularly popular. It's ironic because someone in my flat applied for Carnatic yet got vine, but so many people applied for an on campus hall and missed out.

You get your offer for accommodation like four days after results day. But if you get the offer and it's not the hall you want, don't decline the offer!! Make sure you accept it then apply for a room swap. I know this is how a bunch of people got into the hall of their choice.

You might be lucky and get Melville, but be prepared to get any hall, and any room. A bunch of people got crown place studios who didn't even apply for crown, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Jheez thats so bad. Melville was the cheapest self-catered so I went for that- I don't think I could afford a studio on crown! The village is so far out too so really don't want to go there at all.

How likely is it to get a room swap? And when to they happen? My sister went to Cardiff 3 years ago and someone in her halls got a swap in November. Kinda too late haha

It should be the Monday after results day that you get your room offer, if I remember rightly. Only unconditional offer holders will have them at the moment. If you do get allocated a student village, please don't worry. They're not really that far away (20 minutes on the bus) and they're in a really nice area. Most people I know were happy with whatever accommodation they ended up in, anyway.
Original post by kaytaylou
I think for Melville you'll have a better chance because it's not en suite and that's the most common. They do give people swaps late on, but to be honest, I wouldn't worry too much.

I just stuck with vine because it was on campus and luckily my student loan covered it but if you called the accommodation office and explained your student loan doesn't cover the hall you've ben given you have a higher chance of being swapped

Original post by Edminzodo
It should be the Monday after results day that you get your room offer, if I remember rightly. Only unconditional offer holders will have them at the moment. If you do get allocated a student village, please don't worry. They're not really that far away (20 minutes on the bus) and they're in a really nice area. Most people I know were happy with whatever accommodation they ended up in, anyway.

Thanks for the help both! Not worrying about it as much now :smile: Fingers crossed for Thursday eep...
anyone studying business at liverpool
Hi I was wondering if there will be an open day for those who got a place at Liverpool on results day through clearing?
Original post by wazza98
Hi I was wondering if there will be an open day for those who got a place at Liverpool on results day through clearing?

I got an email about an offer holder day so yeah they are organizing open days
Original post by Marc575
I got an email about an offer holder day so yeah they are organizing open days

Ok cool I haven't got an email but I only received the offer today so maybe I'll get it later, just in case I don't when is it because I'd like to go asap so that I can see accommodations and apply to them asap as there will be limited spaces remaining!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending