ib_hopeful
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Which schools have MMI, normal interviews, academic interviews?

And which schools are more lenient and which schools will grill you?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All Med Schools are governed by the requirements of the GMC. The GMC dictates the standard of students they should accept and part of the Uni's accreditation is based on the standard/consistency of their selection process compared to other Unis.This is done to ensure a consistent standard of doctors entering the profession.

There is therefore no 'easier' Uni to get into unless you are talking about academic grade requirements. At interview/MMI stage its pretty much the same game. All Unis will have a slightly different interview/MMI process (and few rely on a face-to-face these days) and in my experience its actually the less-confident applicants who usually do better at MMI/Interview than the cocky ones.
spiritless98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought Notts MMI was great, however I know quite a few people who hated it.. it really depends on the individual

Posted from TSR Mobile
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your could look at the interview to offer ratios I guess

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...etition_Ratios
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads