Voice in Speech & Writing: 'De Profundis' - who is the audience?

Watch this thread
JB98
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm currently focusing on De Profundis by Oscar Wilde in the language side of my english lit & lang class (Edexcel) and currently using the excerpt provided in the Voices in Speech and Writing Anthology.

I'm in the process of annotating MAP (Mode, Audience and Purpose) however I can't find anything for how we know who his audience is and who is his audience.

Can anyone give me a couple of points or help me find any? It would be much appreciated!
lukiahmed
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JB98)
I'm currently focusing on De Profundis by Oscar Wilde in the language side of my english lit & lang class (Edexcel) and currently using the excerpt provided in the Voices in Speech and Writing Anthology.

I'm in the process of annotating MAP (Mode, Audience and Purpose) however I can't find anything for how we know who his audience is and who is his audience.

Can anyone give me a couple of points or help me find any? It would be much appreciated!
hey, i don't know if it's too late but for audience, it's Wilde himself; his awareness of likely publication; primary audience could be his fans, contemporary writers, academics, commentators and journalists, the wider late victorian and early Edwardian establishment, the newspapers and general public. Secondary audience could be students of literature due to his status as a literary icon, British/Irish historians, students of social history, gender and gay studies and theories and the wider public
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
42.56%
The paper was reasonable (257)
41.59%
Not feeling great about that exam... (53)
8.58%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
7.28%

Watched Threads