The Student Room Group

Holiday after A level results?

My friends and I are planning to go interrailing in August.

The problem is that they want to go 5 days after results day at the latest.
Will that be long enough to sort out all the paper work, such as University places, accommodation and finance?

We would be going for roughly 18 days, so we would be back about 7 days before going to university (the university I am planning to go to.)

I am not worried about buying everything and packing; I just don't want anything to mess up the process of accepting a place and sorting out the admin side.

I know this is really early, but we are starting to book all the accommodation now.

Thank you :smile:
Why not go after you exams are finished? Usually people finish around lateJune which gives you almost 2 months before results day
Reply 2
I can't sadly because one of the people I am going with won't be 18 until like 3 days before results day and it seems to be extremely important for her to be 18 :/ I have suggested we go at a different time, but no one wants to sadly :/
Original post by HopelessMedic
Why not go after you exams are finished? Usually people finish around lateJune which gives you almost 2 months before results day
Original post by Bee657
I can't sadly because one of the people I am going with won't be 18 until like 3 days before results day and it seems to be extremely important for her to be 18 :/ I have suggested we go at a different time, but no one wants to sadly :/

Ah ok that makes sense.
Reply 4
Original post by Bee657
My friends and I are planning to go interrailing in August.

The problem is that they want to go 5 days after results day at the latest.
Will that be long enough to sort out all the paper work, such as University places, accommodation and finance?

We would be going for roughly 18 days, so we would be back about 7 days before going to university (the university I am planning to go to.)

I am not worried about buying everything and packing; I just don't want anything to mess up the process of accepting a place and sorting out the admin side.

I know this is really early, but we are starting to book all the accommodation now.

Thank you :smile:

It's only a significant issue if you miss your Offer and need to apply elsewhere through Clearing. In that case you will need easy and cheap access to a phone, and ideally the internet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go for 1 week straight after exams? it will be the worst if you end up being unhappy with exam results?
you could go after results day? 1 week? usually uni starts in mid Sept
Reply 6
Oh okay thank you!! I'm not planning to go through clearing. I don't think it will work for me if I'm not at a university that I don't know or doing a course that isn't the one I want to do
Original post by jneill
It's only a significant issue if you miss your Offer and need to apply elsewhere through Clearing. In that case you will need easy and cheap access to a phone, and ideally the internet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I can't go before results because one of the people I am going with isn't 18 until just before results :/ and the minimum for inter-railing is 15 days so it has to be at least that.
Original post by samantham999
Go for 1 week straight after exams? it will be the worst if you end up being unhappy with exam results?
you could go after results day? 1 week? usually uni starts in mid Sept

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending