Turn on thread page Beta

Abolition of phone boxes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    the red phone boxes are an integral part of english culture, like black london cabs and tea. to shut them down is very sad, even tho they are not being used as much. i say keep them open, just to look at

I'm with you, those things are beautiful dammit! *Wipes tear from eye*

ReputationRep:
    I had to use one the other day when I was stuck in Milton Keynes at 2am without a mobile phone. It was a harrowing experience but I managed to secure passage home without losing a limb or ingesting and strangers' bodily fluids.

ReputationRep:
    red phone boxes are brilliant so much better than the new ones which are all glass (or in my area air people keep smashing them and the council keep replacing the windows such a pointless struggle) and they have the old phones in them which actually work when you put money into them instead of swallowing your cash or breaking down all the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    I had to use one the other day when I was stuck in Milton Keynes at 2am without a mobile phone. It was a harrowing experience but I managed to secure passage home without losing a limb or ingesting and strangers' bodily fluids.
    what were you doing in milton keynes at 2am?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    what were you doing in milton keynes at 2am?
    Trying to find a phone box

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone has a mobile phone!
    Want to know why I don't have one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdm391)
    well you're going to tell us anyway aren't you?

(Original post by cdm391)
    No, not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    the red phone boxes are an integral part of english culture, like black london cabs and tea. to shut them down is very sad, even tho they are not being used as much. i say keep them open, just to look at
    JUST LIKE LONDON ROUTEMASTERS (the old skool buses)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    They shouldnt go. But the ones near me look nasty and are not the nice red ones so i say take those away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    JUST LIKE LONDON ROUTEMASTERS (the old skool buses)
    i know and they're taking those away too which is so unfair since they're so much better than the modern buses

ReputationRep:
    i don't give a crap if it's part of english culture or not, however they can still be useful on occasion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    i know and they're taking those away too which is so unfair since they're so much better than the modern buses
    I hear they suck.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen a red phone box in ages, but some of the old red buses that you can just jump on and off of are still doing the rounds.

And black cabs, black cabs are evil! They happily speed towards people crossing the road :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I hear they suck.
    nah they're so much better than the old ones you can get on and off whenever you want and generally they're just better though i can't stand up properly on them

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.